• PC600 print head

Posted by Alex Pirozek on February 16, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Can anyone suggest a good cheap supplier for a new print head for a PC600 and is it worth doing yourself even if i manage to find one with the correct tools and manual?

Alex.

Paul S Martin replied 15 years, 1 month ago 9 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Mike Grant

February 16, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Easy to do yourself as long as you have a meter that reads to 3 digital points to set the head voltage and an instruction manual. As for a supplier of heads I’m sorry but I don’t know, I cant remember who I got mine of, it was someone who visited these boards, but it was quite a while back.

• Alex Pirozek

February 16, 2009 at 7:53 pm

I have a digital meter but i think it would benefit of a good look over by someone qualified as it doesn’t seem to recognise the black, yellow, magenta, cyan carts as well. Only spot blue and red seem to be OK. I’m using PC60 labels on the carts but i don’t think they are different labels for these colours between machines??? are they??

Alex.

• Andrew Blackett

February 16, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Can you still get heads? Sure the technician from Roland told me they were down to single figures a few months ago or is it just a case of finding someone that has one in stock?

Andy

PS. On the carts I seem to remember that they were the same for 60/600 but I could be wrong.

• Mark Elvidge

February 16, 2009 at 8:48 pm

you dont need a multimeter by default for the pc600. (although it can be helpful)

all the head info including voltage and density is sent through the TEi file that comes on a floppy with the head.

600 heads are much easier to fit than 60’s.

there is a special tool though which is a very fine flat cross headed driver so the slant can be altered.

• Alex Pirozek

February 16, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Thanks for all your help so far guys,
    you wouldn’t know if the bar-code labels have changed from the PC60 as I’m also getting a cartridge not being recognised when i use my PC60 cartridges in the PC600??

Alex.

• Mark Elvidge

February 16, 2009 at 8:58 pm

pretty sure they started in the teens…been a while.

print some on silver foil or change them over from old carts

• Chris Wool

February 16, 2009 at 9:00 pm

i can tell you that a 600 cart is not recognized in a 60 so had to swap codes

chris

• Alex Pirozek

February 16, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I have the PC60 bar code templates that i print on to foil like you mention but i don’t think they are the same codes for the PC600?

Alex

• Mark Elvidge

February 16, 2009 at 9:04 pm

no they arent, if you look in the driver it may tell you the numbers.

sorry didnt read the post too well….

• Alex Pirozek

February 16, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Thanks Chris,
    That might explain it, just need to ask where to get the PC600 bar-code labels from?

Thanks
    Alex.

• Alex Pirozek

February 16, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Had the Bar-code label templates all along (tuck away on my other HDD, the process colours seem to be different but the spot colours are the same.
    Ill print some off tomorrow to see if that cures it.
    Now………. the print head.

Alex.

• Peter Mindham

February 17, 2009 at 8:29 am

Hi Alex, hope all is well other than this problem.
    Roland in Bristol will not support you but if you jump up and down they may help you. (don’t hold your breath).
    Roland California had loads of heads a year or so ago so they may well be worth talking to. I was going to bring some over but needed more people to come in to buy them as they wanted to sell 5 at a time!

Try here also http://forums.rolanddga.com/Forums/forums/
    If I find anything at the office I will post it later.

Cheers Peter

• Alex Pirozek

February 17, 2009 at 10:34 am

Peter,
    The PC-60 is still going strong and printing perfect, this pc-600 that I’ve just purchased has been used only for cutting so the print head hasn’t been used for 18 months or so. It might need a good clean and might be fine but I’m assuming the worst and that it needs a new head. Once I get the PC600 working I’ll be selling the PC60.
    Hope everything is fine where you are by the way.

Alex.

• BenRead

February 18, 2009 at 3:00 am

if you are still looking for a print head for PC600 i had mine replaced before i got rid of it, i used a guy in swansea called ceri, his company was called camtech i think. i can dig out his number if you still need it?

• Paul S Martin

March 8, 2009 at 2:34 am

Hi Ya

Did you find the number for camtech if poss could you send it to me please

Thanks Paul

• Jason Davies

March 8, 2009 at 8:44 am

I wouldn’t mind that number as well, he’s fairly close to us, always handy.

Jason

• Paul S Martin

March 8, 2009 at 9:27 am

Ben

Was you talking about this company in New England

http://www.cammtech.com/index.htm

Jason

It’s a long way to go for a service 😀 😀 not sure if parts are on sale to the U.K, worth a e-mail for any price I think.

All the best
    Paul