Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers PC 600 – print-head position problem

• PC 600 – print-head position problem

Posted by Sead on April 22, 2006 at 2:20 am

hi there

i have a problem with my Roland PC 600
    the head do not go in left corner position, where it must normaly go when turn off sub-power button
    the head go nearly left position /about 5-6 cm close/ but cant get the sleep position
    the motor try to drive it to this position and sounds very noisely, always stoped on 5-6 cm near wanted sleep position- i must turn off main power switch, and try again and few time more
    always stop near sleep position making noise try to get that position
    after i totaly turn off power and try gentelly with my hands to turn the head to left position, on that critical place 5-6 cm, the head cant go, i looking at the mottor wire at back side, trying to pull but allways stop 5-6 cm to sleep position
    i turn power on again, and also sub-power button
    the head go on the right position checking the size of vinyl, and when go to left to clean head – stops 5-6 cm to wanted position making same noise
    i turn power again, and try just one more time
    again same situation, head cant go to the left sleep/clean positon, mottor try to drive it and making noise, never stop, must turn of
    i think something wrong with mottor and wire, it is something …
    oh, now my own head is empty – what now?
    i need advice from someone who had a same problem, please dont tell me like ‘call your service’, cause here, where i live, is not services or engineers
    please, i must wait for someone who can help me

Sead replied 18 years ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Sead

April 23, 2006 at 5:37 am

another try to move head to left side by hands, but looks like something stop or make limit to the mottor and no way to move more left
    i push litle stronger- head go 1 cm more, then go back 1cm – tension on wire on back side do that
    any idea?

• Chris Wool

April 23, 2006 at 10:22 am

mines a pc 60 so cant help to much but from what you say i would start taking the panels off to see what is restricting the movements.

chris

• Sead

April 23, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Chris, thanx for posting

yes, it is that what i do next, but stil wait for someone who had same problem – some advice before opening a protecting panels on mashin

thanx again

p.s.
    i am almost 9 years in grafic production, and over 20 years with computers and electronic, also making design for different kind of printing /offset, screenprint, digital print, also doing signmaking by myself/, so i have lot of expirince with printing mashines with different methods of printing and wait only for few words about my problem, thinking how that prob is not so big

• Nicola McIntosh

April 23, 2006 at 6:43 pm

similar thing happened to my machine during transit, i gave it a big sharp push and the head released itself and it worked perfectly fine after that 😀

nik

• Sead

April 23, 2006 at 9:47 pm

hay nik

you mean when transit mashine form the one place to the other /and happened cause jumping in the back side of truck/ is it correct?

in my case, that happened when printing, when print head didnt finish to pick up cartridge from front cover, actualy head got the cartridge but not both side, left side is out of wanted place in head, mashine stopped and start wit beeping and flashing LEDs
    i open front cover, beeping stoped, turn cartridge back in place on front cover, and close cover – everything looks ok
    print head start to move to left corner /to clean or whatever/ but cant go to the end of left side, mottor continuely try to drive head to wanted place but didnt make it, all time i heard ugly noise
    did you heard that noise in your case? /not beeping/, when you turn ON main power switch and subpower button, or after short moving head nearly left corner place

• John Singh

April 23, 2006 at 9:57 pm

Just a guess!
    Is there a transit bolt stopping the head from moving
    Sometimes a little screw is put by the head to stop damage in transit

• Sead

April 23, 2006 at 10:15 pm

ill check it, im not sure
    back for few minutes

• Sead

April 23, 2006 at 10:55 pm

john, there is nothing like you suspect
    BUT now …

nic have right: BIG PUSH and prob is fixed
    actualy, it was not so big push, but few stronger
    and print-head is in the corner
    turn ON power and everithing work ok
    tomorrow is new week and i am ready to work
    so, people, thanks a lot

before i open this topic, i was read all topics about PC 600/60/12 on this forum and there was nothing about this problem
    i have PC 600 only one month, and start with printing first day when come
    i was not clean the mashine well, but make a very nice and clear prints whit spot ribbon on cheap vinyl /oracal 641 white and yellow/ and have not any prob with print or cut, the mashine came from germany

iam a new member and ill go here in all next days

• Nicola McIntosh

April 23, 2006 at 10:57 pm

glad you got it sorted sead 😉

nik

• Sead

April 23, 2006 at 11:13 pm

i will help to you or someone else here, when you need, if is posivble
    till then
    best regards
    and
    have a nice day

• John Singh

April 24, 2006 at 10:52 am

Nothing like a big push to get things started

That’s what I need at the moment 😀
    Glad you got it sorted

• Sead

April 25, 2006 at 12:01 am

yeah
    but if also the big preasure is there
    can be a big Bang, not just a start
    that is reason for waiting in this case
    looose 1 day, but its just a sunday

today my friend in germany tells me about resin ribbons for 3. euro
    sounds very good, but must check information
    and i dont know much about what is possible to get in europe /producers, prices, …/
    when i buy pc600 i also get 70-80 resin ribons with it
    few original cartridges, a lot of refill tapes without any name, and few OKI /black ribbon/, CITIZEN /yellow/ and ALPS /metalic cyan, metalic magenta, silver, gold/ and over 50 used cartridges
    can i go to print with that OKI, CITIZEN and Alps ribbons?
    un-named ribbons i used for printing on cheap vinyl and looks very well /spot colours/
    also i havent any cartridge for RED, GREEN, ORANGE and BLUE
    so i dont know how looks the barcode label on that cartridges