Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters pc-600 coreldraw cut problem

• pc-600 coreldraw cut problem

Posted by Paul.Gardner on February 7, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Hello i have roland pc-600 and am using corel x3, i can get everything to print and cut, have set up CutContour in corel draw, the problem i am getting is some graphics i print and only wish to cut around the frame, but it will then start cutting out the lettering within the graphic as well, i have definately not used the cut contour around the lettering, cannot see what i am doing wrong & some help would be very appreciated.

Ps: the printer cut option in printer properties is set to magenta & not ContourCut is this ok ?

Sead replied 15 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Andrew Blackett

February 8, 2009 at 9:46 am

Is there a hairline outline on the text? Pretty sure we got caught with this a few times when we had our 600.

How do you find it as a machine?

Andy

• Paul.Gardner

February 8, 2009 at 12:49 pm

There is a outline around the text, but is .706mm & not hairline, also is not same color as cut color.

Am new to this, i bought the printer in september but am only just starting to use it, seems quite good for labels but photo images dont seem very high quality, i am probaly expecting to much from it though.

• Andrew Blackett

February 8, 2009 at 1:01 pm
    quote :

seems quite good for labels but photo images dont seem very high quality, i am probaly expecting to much from it though.

Fraid so matey, we had the same expectations to begin with…. great for what I’d call "label bashing" though – single colour contour cut stuff. Maybe add doming to your service to add some value.

The other thing I’m trying to recall – dont you have to set the cutline as a type, i.e. dots, dashed, solid in the print driver?

Andy

• Paul.Gardner

February 8, 2009 at 1:04 pm

have to set a ContourCut setting in corel, it works fine and is printing & cutting ok, just cant see why it cuts out the text as well even though there is no cut line around it.

• Alex Pirozek

February 8, 2009 at 8:47 pm

I’ve a PC-60 and struggled to get any info on printing/ cutting in the early days. Where i am today with it has been mostly learned though trial and error.
    I think the PC-600 drivers are better written with less flaws so you shouldn’t have a problem.
    What i do is, if i want to cut a line, i set a black hairline around what i want to cut and in the properties before you send to the printer select the cut line from the drop down menu to a solid line. (Any line larger than hairline will not cut but print).
    You can also create boundary around the design if you just want to cut round the outside and not in the middle.

That’s how i find it, although these are very fickkle machines and i still cant seem to print properly how i expect it to work. Once you get your head around them and find settings that work, they are great earners.
    Manufacturer’s should bring back a up to date thermal machine capable
    of small full colour label/ sticker runs as i think there’s still a market for these judging by the silly prices they fetch.

Alex.

• Paul.Gardner

February 9, 2009 at 10:14 am

Am getting some better results now, another problem i have is the print area, i am using 380mm vinyl and have set that as paper size in printer and same for page size in corel (tried 360mm page size also) but i seem to have a 65mm unprintable area/margin either side, how can i change this, evrything looks ok in print preview but when printed out the edges dont print.

Btw, thanks for all help so far 😀

• Sead

March 26, 2009 at 9:26 am

as you see when start to cut/print your wheels for rolling vinyl need about 20 mm each (left wheel 20mm and right same)
    so your working/printing area is 380-40= 340 mm
    do not forget: take a space for print-head when working – let have a some free space to left/right end of vinyl