Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers PC 600 – cartridge bar codes

• PC 600 – cartridge bar codes

Posted by Sead on May 24, 2006 at 1:54 am

i need to know how looks bar code on bottom of Roland PC600 cartridges for spot colors: RED, BLUE, GREEN, SILVER and GOLD
    cause i have a lot of used cartridges but only CMYK colors and few white
    i have refill tapes but need to make that codes to be recognised by printer

so, please post the picture of codes or try to make explanation by words, for example: RED cartridge /from left to right/ – fat line, thick space, midle line, fat space, middle line…
    just look on your cartridge and post, please

what is your expiriences about that?

thanx in advance

Sead replied 17 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

May 24, 2006 at 4:28 pm

Have you tried the "trick" of using an ordinary used black cartridge to load your spot colour ribbon into. When you need to print that particular spot colour you simply instruct your printer to print black – remove the real black cartridge and replace it with the black cartridge containing your spot colour ribbon (It doesn’t have to be black – you can use a spare C, M or Y cartidge in exactly the same way) 😀

• Sead

May 26, 2006 at 12:51 am

yes phill
    i do that all the time
    but, in case when need more colors it will be nice to have 6 different cartridges in printer
    so, i need more barcodes
    simple, look at your cartridge and post that what you see /example in upper post/
    and one more thing:
    maybe i need ready, for example, one blue, dark blue, light blue, red, dark red, … in cartridges with different barcodes
    so i need to know look of barcodes, to make it, i will print metalic silver on matt black vinyl, or you have any better idea?

• Phill Fenton

May 26, 2006 at 7:47 am

I no longer have a Colorcamm and therefore any cartridges to be able to look up bar codes for you. Hopefully someone else with a colorcamm reading this will be able to help 😀

• Sead

May 27, 2006 at 2:21 am

yes,
    so people, please …

i just print decals with silver and gold using bar codes 34R and 35R /magenta and cyan/, but what when i need to print CMYK and silver or gold /or other spot colors/ in same time- then i have prob

• Sead

May 30, 2006 at 11:55 pm

please guys,
    just look on bottom side of cartridge and post what you see on bar code
    for RED, BLUE, GREEN, WHITE and ORANGE cartridge
    i have not possibility to see that anywhere

• Brian Curtis

May 31, 2006 at 7:44 am

I was going to post a JPEG of the ones I have, but can’t upload in this topic.

Brian

• Dave Standen

May 31, 2006 at 8:22 am

Hi Sead
    Give your Postal Address and i will send you some Bar Codes
    Regards Dave Standen

• Brian Curtis

June 2, 2006 at 7:46 am

Hi Sead

I have emailed you the Barcodes – all except the white, we have never used white.

If you don’t get it let me know.

Brian

• Dennis Van Der Lingen

June 2, 2006 at 10:58 am

can’t you set a starting point for the print?
    i so this alot on the edge for example.

-i don’t know how many meters i have left on a roll and think i might have enough but may not have enough.

-my artwork contains more than one colour

-i set the edge on a fixed starting point and print the first colour.

-i don’t have enough meters and the edge says check vinyl.

-i reset the edge and reload the media on the fixed starting point.

-i set my first and already printed colour as last and print with the second color

-etc…

if you print replacement colours everytime you go over 4 you’ll be fine.

• Sead

June 3, 2006 at 1:30 am

yes, dennis
    that is one slow method, jumping around printer changing cartridges, lot of possibilities to something go wrong
    my PC600 can use 6 colours /placed inside the printer/ but, i have only 5 different barcodes /by that barcodes, on the bottom side of cartridge, the printer know wich color is in cartridge/
    so, i have a lot of refill tapes and empty cartridges, and need to know how looks barcodes for other colors /red, blue, green, orange, white,…/ to make my life better then now is
    for now i use barcodes only for cyan/35R/, magenta/34R/, yellow/33R/ and black/32R/
    ops, as i remember you have Summa DC3 printer, and maybe that what i say sounds to you difficult
    also, thanks for your post

(mod-edit admin@btinternet.com)

• Brian Curtis

June 3, 2006 at 7:44 am

Hi

I have emailed you another JPEG of the barcodes on the cartridges itself – hope it helps.

Brian

• Sead

June 4, 2006 at 11:50 pm

what happened with my last post here?

• Sead

June 11, 2006 at 11:12 pm

thanx to brian and eric
    they send to me by e-mail a pictures of barcodes
    i made some by myself – works great – thanx guys again
    i just havent barcode for Orange resin

interesning,
    when i try to print some small decals with green resin ribbon, i have not chance to realise good looking job
    i try to change barcode at cartridge and i have well done job only when i use barcode for magenta /34R/
    wierd?
    with barcode for green resin color, printed job looks so poor