Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Orajet 3350 Chrome and Gold Digital print

• Orajet 3350 Chrome and Gold Digital print

Posted by Matthew Boulton on February 13, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hi all,

Been looking for well priced foil vinyls for a while now and came across the orajet 3350 range (Sold by Spandex). One of our clients is looking at changing some of his labels to foils and found this vinyl available in Gold and Chrome. Unfortunately Spandex can’t break the rolls to send out samples so just wondering if anyone has tried this?

If not does anybody have any recommendations for other options? Tried Rtape Efx looks amazing when printed but it is quite expensive and also it didn’t like the heat on the printer and we ended up having it lifting off the backing whilst printing.

All Print only sell a printable chrome now but not gold and Metamarks stuff seems really pricey too.

I might just take the gamble on the Orajet stuff… The price seems really good compared to competitors.

Chris Wool replied 5 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Chris Wool

February 13, 2019 at 5:02 pm

not yet found a printable mirror chrome or gold that does not curl like hell if any ink near the cut line, laminating then cutting is ok.
    currently have some grafityp same problem.
    other go around is to laminate clear on to the silver then print and cut but on to the cheaper non printable orical mirror silver that works well, depends how you are going to finish them no finish , dome, or laminate.

thermal print on the cheap stuff is good.

• Hugh Potter

February 13, 2019 at 8:34 pm

I have some samples here that I’m certain came from Antalis, I’ve printed on the rose gold to reasonable effect on the latex, I’ve not pushed any boundaries but for the labels I made (to be domed) it was good enough.

• Matthew Boulton

February 14, 2019 at 10:36 am

Cheers for the replies guys, we would like to get into a bit more label printing but don’t wan’t to go down the route of shelling out for a gerber edge.

Chris when you say thermal printer, what sort of setup are you talking about? I’ve only really seen the small zebra thermal printers that print in monochrome?

• Colin Crabb

February 14, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Best we’ve ever used is made by Kernow Coatings, really lovely stuff.

• Chris Wool

February 14, 2019 at 9:34 pm

mathew a edge is a thermal printer

colin where do you by kernow stuff from years ago i had a account with them then they stopped end user accounts had to go through agents that never stocked anything. there canvas material was fantastic compared to all others so they stopped making it. all very cornish made down the road from us.

• Colin Crabb

February 15, 2019 at 8:32 am

Chris, talk to AD Young in Bristol (speak so Sam or Callum) for the lovely Cornish Kernow stuff

• Chris Wool

February 15, 2019 at 11:15 pm

thank you