Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Oracal 751C swatch querie please?

• Oracal 751C swatch querie please?

Posted by Robert Berwick on September 21, 2005 at 3:08 pm

I have been sent a swatch of 751C by Europoint in London. I have tried to buy 3 different colours form the swatch now and all of them have been unavailable.

I was told that the swatch I have is a very new one and Europoint haven’t had all of the colours in yet. It was suggested that they may be waiting for demand to increase on some colours before they are stocked.

I was just wondering whether anyone else had encountered the same problems or whether there are older swatches available which are fully stocked?

Robert

Josh Steenbergen replied 18 years, 1 month ago 18 Members · 44 Replies
  • 44 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

September 21, 2005 at 3:39 pm

i think you will find that the cast has NOT been officially launched in the uk yet mate. no mention of it in the mags etc… i would think the 751 to 751cast will take months to switch completely over as oracal has to exahaust stock before replacing with the cast. there is not difference in price, so its just a case of you land lucky on what you get just now, that said… most of the colours are now cast, well the more common ones anyway…
    the move to the cast brings many more colours to the 751 range, but again, until everything is official, these new “added” colours probably wont be available.

hope this helps a bit… sorry cant be of more help i am only passing on what i have been heard/told till now.

• Robert Berwick

September 21, 2005 at 3:56 pm

Thanks Rob, at least I understand whats going on now. Unfortunately it doesn’t help me with trying to colour match this specific job. What makes it worse is the job only calls for just over 5 metres of the stuff. Its often difficult to believe that with all the shades available you can’t find one to match! I’ll have to take all my swatches back up there (6 metres up) to see if I can find an alternative.

Robert

• Hugh Potter

September 21, 2005 at 8:37 pm

i spoke to my supplier of oracle today, vinyl corporation, the girls, as very helpful as they are, didnt know about the 751 to 751c switch, but speaking to Danny (i think) he said that they only stock 751c now, he didnt mention any colour shortages, but i didnt ask ! same price too, looks about the best value product on the market to me, will definitely try some out soon !

• Peter Normington

September 21, 2005 at 8:41 pm

Hugh, for an even better deal,
    try and save the dosh
    you dont have to be posh
    the prices on uksg are a steal
    And their cast vinyll has a great feel

peter

• Marekdlux

September 21, 2005 at 8:57 pm

😮
    Peter, you aren’t going to start rapping are you?
    -Marek

• Peter Normington

September 21, 2005 at 9:09 pm

to wrap you need a cadet
    for that you need to go in debt
    Laminate is desirable
    so more dosh is aquirable
    so I’ll stick to vinyl, you bet.

No you’re right marek,
    not going into rap
    Peter

• Gordon Forbes

September 21, 2005 at 9:13 pm

Black from Glasgow id 751 C got a log bout a month ago

Goop

says so on the back o the tin

• Marekdlux

September 21, 2005 at 9:14 pm

:lol1:
    Whatever you’re drinking tonight Peter, I want! 😀
    -Marek

• Peter Normington

September 21, 2005 at 9:23 pm

I only drink stella im sure
    Its the only lager thats pure
    put it in your pint pot
    make sure its not hot
    And for rapping you’l find the cure

• Lynn Normington

September 21, 2005 at 9:53 pm

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• John Simpson

September 21, 2005 at 10:01 pm

Come on Lynn, how many has he had??

L J

• Carrie Brown

September 21, 2005 at 10:03 pm

They have been out of stock on a couple of colours we have needed …. yellow being one of them? Oh well we all run short sometimes I guess?

😀

• Lynn Normington

September 21, 2005 at 10:04 pm

haven’t been counting L J anyway it’s nearlly his birthday

😛 Lynn

• John Simpson

September 21, 2005 at 10:06 pm

seems a good enough excuse to me Lynn.

L J

• Lynn Normington

September 21, 2005 at 10:28 pm

I thought so 😛

Lynn

• Kevin Flowers

September 21, 2005 at 10:51 pm

hi
    i’ve found that they wont sell you the 751c until they have exhausted stocks of 751 we get cast in black, white etc but cant in blue & silver because they have stock of standard 751

Kev

• Hugh Potter

September 22, 2005 at 9:23 am

well well Peter, he’s so ful of rhyme,
    just don’t know how he finds all the time,
    when i am rich, or so i am told,
    the first thing i’ll do…. is ugrade to gold !!

• Lynn Normington

September 22, 2005 at 5:15 pm

very goog hugh :lol1:

Lynn

• Marekdlux

September 22, 2005 at 5:24 pm
    quote Peter Normington:

I only drink stella im sure
    Its the only lager thats pure
    put it in your pint pot
    make sure its not hot
    And for rapping you’l find the cure

😀
    I actually had a few stella’s in the fridge so I drank them. Thanks for the tip Peter.
    I still can’t rap though.
    -Marek

• David Rowland

September 22, 2005 at 5:26 pm

Looks like the UKSB Band has now a couple of front men, MC Peter-N and Drag-on ruffing it up

• Mark Bache

September 22, 2005 at 8:41 pm

I have had no problems getting 751 cast from Europoint. Just make sure you ask for cast when you order and they will send it.

Mark

• Hugh Potter

September 22, 2005 at 8:49 pm

lol Dave, Peter and I could have one of them rapper style battles !!

• Cammy – Europoint Display

September 23, 2005 at 3:57 pm

Hi All,

751 cast isn’t launched yet , its only the existing 751 colours that are available therefore about 30 colours in the new swatch are not yet stocked by Europoint , we will shout about it when they are — coming soon as they say !!! we should be explaining that when we hand the swatch out.
    Vinyl corporation don’t stock 751 in either cast or Calandered.

• Robert Berwick

September 23, 2005 at 5:22 pm

Ah there it is straight from the horses mouth! Thanks Cammy. Can you tell me if there are any original 751 swatches available so that I can avoid dissapointment when looking for a particular colour?

Thanks

Robert

• Hugh Potter

September 23, 2005 at 7:18 pm

Are you sure Cammy ? i’m not sure exactly who you are, and don’t wish to doubt you for the sake of it !! it’s just that when speaking to Danny at vinyl corporation i was led to beleive that they now only stock the 751c, it’s certainly in their catalogue and i have enquired on a few occasions, never been told it’s not in stock 😮

• Martin Pearson

September 23, 2005 at 8:04 pm

Hugh Cameron is the Manager of the Europoint Display depot in Glasgow. If I need to know something about different vinyls or substrates I ask Cameron, believe me he knows what he is talking about.

• Robert Lambie

September 23, 2005 at 8:45 pm
    quote martin:

Hugh Cameron is the Manager of the Europoint Display depot in Glasgow. If I need to know something about different vinyls or substrates I ask Cameron, believe me he knows what he is talking about.

ill second martins comment… 😉

• Hugh Potter

September 24, 2005 at 12:43 pm

thats fair enough, i don’t doubt Cammys knowledge,

what i meant was, does Cammy supply vinyl corp ? if not, how would he know if they stock it ? it’s always been in the catalogue, and no problems have been mentioned when i’ve enquired about the possibility of using it on a job, i’ve not ordered any yet cos the woman on the phone wasn’t sure about the cast changeover, but it was always spoken of in a stocked context,

don’t mean to come across rude or owt, just wondering !

• Simon Clayton

September 24, 2005 at 1:02 pm

That’s lost me totally…not hard to do, i must admit.
    Is there a swatch card with 751 cast on it? are there different colours to the normal 751, have they dropped any colours?? 9/10 when i order 751 it turns up as cast..
    Must admit i do have trouble getting swatches from Europoint.. I say Bring back the old big swatches.. so much easier to show clients (have shown some colours to clients but they have complained when they’ve seen the end result, hard for them to see from a 1×2 cm sample) and to match too..

Simon

• Stephen Morriss

September 24, 2005 at 1:04 pm

I’ve got a red and a blue in the 751 cast, I’ve not had the chance to use it on a job yet but I’ve had a play and I must say I like it.
    I normally use Mactac 9800 which is a very good calendered vinyl but the 751c is the same price and on first impressions seems to be every bit as good but being a cast I assume it’ll be more conformable.
    I got this from Europoint display in Manchester and I think I’ll be getting the rest of my vinyl from them in the future as I replace colours.

Only other thing is that I don’t think the colours are directly compatible with the Mactac range, but I can live with that.

Steve

• Mark Bache

September 24, 2005 at 1:11 pm

On the orders I have had from Europoint it has all come 751 cast.

I also asked for the 751 cast swatch card A4 size came in a couple of days. A lot more colours now compared with the 751 calendered.

Mark

• Martin Pearson

September 24, 2005 at 1:12 pm

Simon, Cameron at the Glasgow depot has told me that the new 751c has not been officially launched yet but it will be soon (no idea if thats days away, weeks or months!!!). They have to use up the stock of the old 751 first.
    As the stock of 751 runs out it is replaced with the 751c so at the moment the more common colours are comming through as 751c but you may still get some older 751.
    They are doing this with all the old 751 colours. On top of this there are a range of new colours that aren’t yet available at all, these will become available when it is officially launched.
    There is a new swatch available for the cast range but I’m not sure if they have started to distribute it yet.

• Simon Clayton

September 24, 2005 at 1:24 pm

Cheers Martin,
    That makes sense, about using up all their old stock.. still think they should bring back the bigger swatch book

Simon 😀

• Hugh Potter

September 24, 2005 at 1:40 pm

i agree about the swatches simon,
    (received my 751c A4 swatch from vinyl corp today)

you wouldn’t buy a carpet by looking at a 2x1cm sample would you ! ?
    it would be much nicer to show a customer a larger, say 6×4″ section of vinyl instead,

i normally carry a small sample of every colour i currently stock too,

• Simon Clayton

September 24, 2005 at 10:18 pm

Hugh their old swatches used to be a fan type book, bit like a pantone book, 55mm X 165mm sample size which were divided into three section with a perforated line so you could tear off a third as a colour ref, or to give the customer..
    It must have been to expensive, shame they should bring them back even if they charged a fiver, i’d buy one..

Simon

• Carrie Brown

September 25, 2005 at 1:10 am

Yep my only gripe are the swatch cards/books …. but most suppliers are doing this now arent they ….. keeping it neat and small to a phamplet type opening thingy …. 😕 Hope you know what I mean??

I like the bulky ones better …. as others have said gives the customer a better idea of the end colour …… we have had a few clients who have been unsure on the vinyl colours at time of ordering as they would like to see a larger sample …. fair enough when you have it in stock but when you dont its a bit of a pain.

Im just babbling :shutup:

September 28, 2005 at 12:56 pm

HI Hugh,

Yes we do supply Danny , he does very well in an area we didn’t have any representation in. I am glad you like the Vinyl.

September 28, 2005 at 1:21 pm

I should have mentioned we have had a limited supply of “Old swatches” delivered in the last couple of days and can send them out , we have loads of 751 cast swatches but are trying to avoid handing them out as no doubt customers will ask for those colours we don’t keep. You will need to contact your local branch.

• Hugh Potter

September 28, 2005 at 2:03 pm

thanks for clearing that Cammy, i didnt mean to sound suspicious, but being in a number of various industries over the years, and dealing with the suppliers there of, it wasn’t uncommon for one supplier to say another didnt do a certain product !!! so i hope you can understand my enquisitiveness !! no ofence was meant !

as for 751, go the new swatch, but not yet tried the vinyl, will do soon though !

• Josh Steenbergen

April 7, 2006 at 1:01 pm

I was wondering if I can use this material on vehicles or not. I am not sure and would like to use this if all possible. If I can’t can you give me a couple of materials I can use.

Thanks,
    Josh Steenbergen

• Robert Lambie

April 7, 2006 at 1:27 pm

yes you can definately use oracal 751c on vehicle without any problems. 😉

• Josh Steenbergen

April 7, 2006 at 1:56 pm

Thanks

• George Oberg

April 7, 2006 at 2:03 pm

I have just checked and all the 715 I have had from the vinyl corp this year is 715cast .

Just got a roll of black from europoint last week and its 715cast To so had no problems getting any colours yet from either party thus far !

Great to work with!! 😀

• Josh Steenbergen

April 7, 2006 at 4:53 pm

I was wanting to know what would be a good way to apply this material on a truck. I’m using this material for graphics on a truck. Should I mask it off or not. would it be better to put it on wet or dry.

I am a newcomer to this industry and need all the help I can get. I am doing little stuff so I can get the hang of putting graphics on then I want to get into vehicle wrapping. I think this would be a good start. Or I hope it will be.

Thanks,
    Josh Steenbergen