Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Oracal 631 matte and Image Perfect 3500 matte : wet appl?

• Oracal 631 matte and Image Perfect 3500 matte : wet appl?

Posted by Tim de Beir on November 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Got a new project and client insists on matte vinyl, tomorrow will be apply some test vinyl on windows so client can make his decision.

I was wondering if the Oracal 631 matte and Image Perfect 3500 matte can be applied wet?
    Vinyls need to be applied on glass and can be seen by both sides of the glass.

Need to apply at least 200 metres vinyl so do wan’t to be sure, wet can be done with this vinyls.

ps: still awaiting answer from my supplier, they are quick with orders but slow with ‘technical’ questions! 🙂

Tim de Beir replied 10 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

November 28, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Tim
    if they have acrylic glue then wet application can make the inside show up milky, i’m sure this is the case with the Oracal. Below is from Oracal website

Plotter film designed for universal short-term applications of up to 3 years.

80 micron
    Available in 48 matt colours
    Suitable for use on cutter/plotters
    Ideal for short and medium term marking, lettering and decoration in exhibition type environments
    Residueless removal from most surfaces within 2 years of application

Hope this helps

• Tim de Beir

November 28, 2013 at 9:12 pm

okay thanks! > just saw that Spandex gave me the 651 instead of the 631… tsss

• Kevin Flowers

November 28, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Tim
    651 is probably better for what you want as in being an intermediate film but believe it still as an acrylic adhesive

Kev

• Tim de Beir

November 28, 2013 at 9:36 pm

okay Kev, have looked at the new Image Perfect 3500 matte series and it does look great, so will try selling this one!

Spandex clearly says in technical details that vinyl can be applied wet, and without typical white watermarks or residue.