Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Opinions on Hp 360 Latex? please :)

• Opinions on Hp 360 Latex? please :)

Posted by Ben Hansen on October 23, 2014 at 11:03 am

Hey Guys, I’m looking into possibly getting another printer. We do all types of signage work here, but i guess we concentrate mainly on vehicles etc. Iv had my head turned by the Hp360 Latex. Do any of you guys have one? or any opinions on what you think would be best suited to a small signage company?:)x

David McCarroll replied 9 years, 2 months ago 8 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • David Rowland

October 23, 2014 at 11:06 am

From what we seen, I am keen to get my hands on one… get rid of old for new

• Simon Coff

October 23, 2014 at 12:57 pm

It really depends on the space you have available and what you fancy producing as to what I’d personally advise. Print and cut all-in-one is always a nice option to have.

Regarding the HP360 latex, personally I don’t think they’ve managed to get it quite right as a solution yet.

What do you have already if you don’t mind me asking?

• Fabrice Menard

October 24, 2014 at 12:19 pm
    quote Simon Coff:

Regarding the HP360 latex, personally I don’t think they’ve managed to get it quite right as a solution yet.

Could you please explain?

• Simon Coff

October 24, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Mainly because it still has restrictions regarding usage, it doesn’t work well on all medias etc.

Don’t get me wrong, if you’re running it alongside your solvent printer or just using for pop-ups or banners it will get the job done, just doesn’t offer the same variety as similar alternative products in my opinion.

• George Zerbino

October 24, 2014 at 8:30 pm

So basically it’s no good for vinyls?

• David McDonald

October 26, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Hi

We have the previous model, 26500, and we use this to print almost everything apart from banner – so 1000’s of metres of vinyl and wrap and all superb quality, all PVC banners go on the Roland eco-solvent though.

I’d have no hesitation recommending the 26500, and surely the 360 will be better still – I know its loads faster.

We will probably upgrade for the extra speed. (suppliers please don’t ring me)

Cheers
    Macky

• Unknown Member

October 27, 2014 at 5:55 am

I’m going to upgrade my L26500 at some point too. (Lol…as David said manufacturers please don’t contact me)

I’m pretty sure sooner rather then later these machines will have a price drop. I remember when I got my 26500 I paid 10k for it with a rip so no doubt some crazy deals will soon be appearing on this machine.

Now I know the boys selling it will give you the same old crap…oh it’s to new to discount, we have limited stock…etc etc….trust me this will come down. If any one remembers to 26500 its started at 20k the. In the end was being sold for around 9k..

Make HP will have a Xmas or New Years sale!

• David McCarroll

February 15, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Resurrecting an old post, what’s everyone’s thoughts on discounts on these at S&D next month? We’re interested in upgrading to a 330 if not a 360 but if the discounts are gonna be little due popularity then we’ll just buy before.

That being said, we contacted 3/4 companies last week and it seems nobody is actually interested in selling apart from one which offered no discount on the RRP or any sweeteners to go with them.

• Brian Bollard

February 15, 2015 at 7:27 pm

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago – they had a discount offer here so I took advantage of that.
    We already had 2 x 25500s and the 360 seems to have most of the issues fixed.
    The 360 has an onboard i1 so you create custom profiles in about 30 minutes.
    It’s faster – startup and printing.
    The takeup reel is industrial quality now unlike the older flimsy version.
    It can run vinyl at 6 and 8 pass whereas the older ones were only good at 10 pass.
    It doesn’t heat up the media as much as the older versions so should be able to print on things that couldn’t cope before.
    I’m still experimenting with media so don’t know exactly what works well yet.
    I haven’t been able to get an uncoated paper to print well for some reason.. the 25500s print on that kind of cheap paper well so it’s a good thing I kept my older printers.

• David McCarroll

February 16, 2015 at 10:44 am
    quote Brian Bollard:

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago – they had a discount offer here so I took advantage of that.
    We already had 2 x 25500s and the 360 seems to have most of the issues fixed.
    The 360 has an onboard i1 so you create custom profiles in about 30 minutes.
    It’s faster – startup and printing.
    The takeup reel is industrial quality now unlike the older flimsy version.
    It can run vinyl at 6 and 8 pass whereas the older ones were only good at 10 pass.
    It doesn’t heat up the media as much as the older versions so should be able to print on things that couldn’t cope before.
    I’m still experimenting with media so don’t know exactly what works well yet.
    I haven’t been able to get an uncoated paper to print well for some reason.. the 25500s print on that kind of cheap paper well so it’s a good thing I kept my older printers.

Thanks Brian, i seem to have some of the companies i contacted last week coming back to me today and tbh I’m quite happy with the prices to go for it before S&D. Just wish i could get a bit more for my current print without venturing into the messages of ebay for how cheap will i let it go for lol.