Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Onyx X 10.1 with my SC 540 not working

• Onyx X 10.1 with my SC 540 not working

Posted by Nancy Wannous on October 16, 2012 at 2:55 am

Does anyone know much about it – I recently purchased the latest onyx production house nicely spent $4500
    My 10 yrs old printer won’t run properly with it keeps crashing slow random pausing between passes just doesn’t like it :S
    Also the onyx didn’t come with drivers for my old Roland Sc 540 so the rep advised me to Run sc 540 EX its not working
    Any ideas guys ?
    Thank you
    Nancy

richard garratt replied 8 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

first thought is the network is not working correctly.
    don’t know onyx or the EX but i can tell you that the SC540 pro2 runs beautifully on colourrip 2.1 XP only or wasatch colourrip upgrade any os.
    the upgrade is cheap compared and locked to one roland printer and computer.
    think the sc540 ex was the pro2 with heaters fitted at the factory the pro2 was a after fit.

• Nancy Wannous

October 16, 2012 at 11:05 am

Mmmm its not network because on same PC I used versaworks and printed fine 🙂 good god I really wanted to get it working 🙁

• Chris Wool

October 16, 2012 at 11:46 am

did you run the SC on Versaworks if so what have they done to it as it should not run because of the head layout. being different from the V models.

• Martin Pearson

October 16, 2012 at 11:51 am

Sorry Nancy but I have little confidence in a lot of reps, your best bet would be to fire off an email to onyx technical support. I have emailed them a couple of times & they have been very helpful & I don’t even have onyx, was just looking at buying an older version that supported my printer.

• Nancy Wannous

October 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hi chris Martin yes versaworks worked I have an sc 540 I know weird but it worked as sc540 Ex also I think Chris your thinking about the xc the heads start with cyan mine starts with K black
    I was think to contact onyx once I give up trying :S
    (chat.)

• Chris Wool

October 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm

thanks for that my sc540 also starts K and roland uk are adamant that VW will not drive it apart from one ver of VW that has a dongle and expensive.

so keep to colour rip and very happy

as martin says speak to onyx

• Gordon Connelly

October 16, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I need to learn this stuff. I’d love to be able to offer help and say "give me a call and we can work through the possibilities…" Sadly all I can offer at this stage, Nancy, is more general moral support and you’re more than welcome to contact me for that. Apart from the technical problems, how are you? Love the photo.

It’s so heartening to be amongst such nice, helpful people. Sometimes I’m just so glad I joined this forum… Hats off to you all
    😮

• Nancy Wannous

October 16, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Gordon that’s so sweet yes we are like family here 🙂 there is things I’m strong and my knowledge is good and other things I’m not scared to ask there opinion everyone here is so nice and helpful – I will make an effort to visit sign UK one day 🙂

• Gordon Connelly

October 17, 2012 at 10:01 am

I guess you’re an American sign or t-shirt maker — I often wonder if they do it any differently over there. They say everything is bigger over there.. if you are ever visiting the UK/Scotland, maybe you could pop in and have a look at my equipment. My plotter is pretty big and despite being kinda old it still does a good job.

I’m building a new purpose-built table at the moment, just for… well… I guess I don’t need to explain to you, you probably have one yourself?

G xxx

• richard garratt

June 14, 2015 at 12:22 pm

hi nancy
    how did you get your sc540 to work with versaworks ?
    really like to know?
    rik