Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Olympic Rings 300 grand one job

• Karl Williams

June 27, 2012 at 6:31 pm

It’s amazing how in times of cut back after cut backs they can find money for cra@p like this. How can that be valued at 300 grand?

• David-Foster-

June 27, 2012 at 6:33 pm

"The rings, which weigh three tonnes, cost £259,817 to produce and installing them is estimated to have cost £53,000."

• Karl Williams

June 27, 2012 at 6:38 pm
    quote David-Foster-:

“The rings, which weigh three tonnes, cost £259,817 to produce and installing them is estimated to have cost £53,000.”

Maybe David, but still a waste of money in my opinion.

• David-Foster-

June 27, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Hi Karl, sorry wasn’t questioning the cost, still as alarmed as you. Waste of money, should have been done cheaper if at all. Whats wrong with flags?

• Colin Crabb

June 27, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I could of printed some nice wide flags for them at ohhhh half that price! (Not sure where my long ladders is…)

• Karl Williams

June 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
    quote David-Foster-:

Hi Karl, sorry wasn’t questioning the cost, still as alarmed as you. Waste of money, should have been done cheaper if at all. Whats wrong with flags?

It’s ok mate, i got the the jist of what you where saying. 😉

• David Hammond

June 27, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Yet another olympic promotion in London.

Although wasn’t it recently reported that over 50% of people outside of London couldn’t care about the Olympics! 😕

Londons the capital, but what about the rest of the UK?

• David Rowland

June 28, 2012 at 7:34 am

£300K hey… hmm nice… wonder if the Olympic committee will approve the logo and ask for a take-down?

So who did this one? London themselves?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6ded03b2-ab3d … z1z4TL35Zo

• John Thomson

June 28, 2012 at 7:51 am
    quote David Hammond:

Yet another olympic promotion in London.

Although wasn’t it recently reported that over 50% of people outside of London couldn’t care about the Olympics! 😕

Londons the capital, but what about the rest of the UK?

They are giving away tickets to schools for the football at Hampden Park because of the low sales………despite constant radio and full page newspaper adverts well under half have been sold.

It is a circus we cannot afford…..same as Roman times….when the population are getting restless put on games………or a Royal wedding…….or Jubilee to take their mind off the real issues.

Just my opinion.

John

• Phill Fenton

June 28, 2012 at 8:13 am

Wot happens when the bridge opens up? The raised sections will hit the rings. I bet nobody thought of that (puppy-eyes)

• Simon Worrall

June 28, 2012 at 8:38 am
    quote :

It is a circus we cannot afford…..same as Roman times….when the population are getting restless put on games………or a Royal wedding…….or Jubilee to take their mind off the real issues.

Too right John. Much of Greece’s current problems are caused by the Olympic blowout they had a few years ago. Your country is probably heading the same way.

• Karl Williams

June 28, 2012 at 11:11 am

Just look at all the money thrown at the Millennium Dome. Another donkey bin.
    Makes my stomach turn. 😕

• Chris Hansen

June 29, 2012 at 2:40 am

pffft, olympic rings on a bridge? been there, done that 😛

• Harry Cleary

June 29, 2012 at 8:44 am

Does anybody else think that these would have looked 10 times more spectacular up on top of the bridge? Missed opportunity I think.

• George Elsmore

June 29, 2012 at 8:53 am
    quote Phill Fenton:

Wot happens when the bridge opens up? The raised sections will hit the rings. I bet nobody thought of that (puppy-eyes)

I was going to say that but thought better of it as they must of had a mega tape measure

• Karl Williams

June 29, 2012 at 10:04 am

This is one way of looking at it. The powers that be keep telling us lower people we all live beyond our means. This is why we are in such a mess financially.
    But here we have a government squandering billions into something that’s just for show yet taking more out of the tax payers pockets and giving the people who gave them power less for their money. I agree with the comment about Greece, where is this going to leave us? 😕

• John Thomson

June 29, 2012 at 10:57 am
    quote Karl Williams:

I agree with the comment about Greece, where is this going to leave us? 😕

we can just ask for a bail out….seems to work for everyone else!

john

• Karl Williams

June 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm
    quote John Thomson:

quote Karl Williams:

I agree with the comment about Greece, where is this going to leave us? 😕

we can just ask for a bail out….seems to work for everyone else!

john

I’d like to see where we’d stand on that one John.

• Cheryl Smith

June 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm

kin nora!…..how much!!!

• Glen Mathers

June 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm
    quote Cheryl Smith:

kin nora!…..how much!!!

😀 😀 😀 😀
    very polite way to put it.

• David Rowland

June 29, 2012 at 5:03 pm

note who the deal is between and the paralolypic logo was also designed for the bridge too

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5365