Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing Oki 5750 can the carts that came with the Oki be refilled ?

• Oki 5750 can the carts that came with the Oki be refilled ?

Posted by Ian Pople on March 7, 2009 at 9:30 am

Hi all,

Oki 5750 can the carts that came supplied with the Oki be refilled ?

If not, can any one tell me the best place to get a set.

Thanks

Ian

Ian Pople replied 15 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Chris Windebank

March 7, 2009 at 9:40 am

try these people, sure someone posted this site before
    http://www.jetink.co.uk/acatalog/OKI_C5 … C5900.html

• Ian Pople

March 7, 2009 at 9:45 am

Thanks for that on the site they state the original carts cannot be refilled.

Has any one used the carts on the site if so please can you give some feedback before I place an order.

Thanks

Ian

• Chris Wool

March 7, 2009 at 9:47 am

be a bit careful as not all toners are the same if its for normal office use its normally fine, but if for a specific use output may change.
    on mine i have to run it a little slower ( tell it the paper is thicker than it is ) for the same result.

chris

• Ian Pople

March 7, 2009 at 9:53 am

Hi,

The printer is from Magictouch and is used for transfer work as well as office tasks.

Should I stick to OEM for the transfer stuff or will the carts on that site work.

Thanks

• Chris Wool

March 7, 2009 at 12:08 pm

as its for the MT stuff i would speak to them and they will probably say oem or nothing. i run 2 lasers 1 oem all they way and one cheap ebay toner in a bottle with a chip, and there is a difference.

chris

• Paul S Martin

March 7, 2009 at 11:05 pm

Hi Ian

I have a C5700 and always stay with OEM, and like Chris has said there is a big difference, & as my old C5600 would tell me if it could R.I.P. 😥

Also I would think that MT would not cover any warranty you may have with them if you went down that road 🙁

All the best
    Paul 🙂

• Peter Mindham

March 8, 2009 at 9:30 am

We use OEM on our OKI. Honestly, for the extra cost, at least you know it should work to specs. I don’t see the saving making sense if the printer goes down and you lose any support at all. The actual cost of toner per job is so small, and the carts last so long, I think it is a waste of time trying to cut costs in that way.

Just my opinion tho’

Peter

• Ian Pople

March 8, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Thanks all,

Looks like its OEM at £219 plus the cut for the fat cat bankers.

Ian