Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Oil lubrication HP Latex l25600

• Oil lubrication HP Latex l25600

Posted by Steve Shaw on October 5, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Hi, Recently purchased a second hand L26500. I have used it a few times and now says to lubricate the carriage rail. I can see how to do this from the manual and the wonderful world of Youtube but I dont have the oil that came with the machine. The kit for it is £172 +VAT from HP so I was wondring if there is somewhere I can just buy the oil or even a brand that will be just as good, Something available over the counter.

Thanks

Steve

Kevin Busby replied 6 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Kevin Busby

October 6, 2017 at 9:27 am

Hi Steve

I have a small bottle you can have for £171 no vat LMAO, if you need some I can send you a small bottle but your best bet is to get your supplier for ink cartridges to send it to you, they will need to order it from Art Systems and what you need is 6040-0855 – Lubricant Oil SYN 5.8-CS ROHS. (130ml I think) This is a bulk bottle that engineers use with order ref code at start, think it cost me about £30 quid but Art wont sell direct to you so needs to come through supplier.

Kev

• Steve Shaw

October 10, 2017 at 11:15 am

Kevin, thanks for the information on this. I have managed to source them from a company that charge £26 per 10ml. I dont think my supplier will order this for me so look slike I may have to pay over the odds, especially if you can get it for £30 for 130ml. 🙁

Appreciate you replying.

Steve

• Myles Brewer

October 10, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Hi Steve,
    I too have this dilemma & have been searching for a solution. I had seen it mentioned or been told by someone that sewing machine oil works fine (& it is extremely cheap!!) but not 100% sure I could trust that info. I was then told by a service engineer that regular 3 in 1 does the trick!! Unfortunately, I don’t know him personally so again can’t for sure if it’s safe but I’d have no reason to doubt it.
    Alternatively, I have just found a company in the USA that ship worldwide & currently do 3oz (approx 85ml) for $36.99 + carriage & also may need to pay tax & import duties etc. but can’t imagine that being very much?? This seems to be a reasonable deal I think from what Kevin is saying. :thumbsup: I may give them a try myself.

• Kevin Busby

October 11, 2017 at 10:31 am

Hi Steve

Thats just stupid price, drop me an email kev@kjsigns.uk with your address and ill send you a 10ml bottle out in the post, you use so little of it that I’ve still got the two that came with my hp310 let alone the big bottle so not a problem if you want one.

From what I was told the oil is critical as the way it works with the HP rail, Im not saying you cannot use anything else but for the cost its not worth it. The carriage rail is the main structure in the L26500 and engineer told me that should it get damaged or bent the complete printer needs changing.

Just for your info if you even think your putting to much oil on then you are, I had an engineer come in and do a service on mine before it went back for exchange and he oiled it up with to much, I had oil on prints, took me weeks to get it cleaned and company who sent engineer refused to sort it saying it was not their problem!!!! So long as you fill the reservoir on the carriage and lubricate the felt pad on the left side of carriage then you only need a tiny amount on rail.

• Myles Brewer

October 11, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Kevin, just sent address in email to you.

It is a mental price they charge for it but they kind of have everyone over a barrel unless you want to chance using something else & risk total destruction!! :yikes:

Think you’re right on the over oiling too. The first time I did mine I did what they suggest in the service/maintenance manual & a bit leaked down & got in between the plastic & metal bits that are just behind the pinch rollers, it then kept getting on the prints like you say till I managed to wick it all out with bits of tissue!! Lesson learnt :thumbsup:

I wasn’t actually aware of a reservoir on the carriage?? Don’t see it mentioned anywhere in the service manual as far as I have seen. Just the felt pads either side which you can see & two on the back which you can’t get to without dismantling the whole printer!! Where is this reservoir located exactly?

• Kevin Busby

October 12, 2017 at 6:58 am

Its been a while but if you do a carriage lubricate so it comes out half way, on the right hand side of carriage (standing in front of machine) you will see a square cylinder about 1cm square and 4cm tall, at the top is a circle which you can see felt through, you put a few drips on this each time, unless you have not filled for a while then it will take more but don’t over fill as this is what keeps everything lubricated until the next clean and oil and if you put to much in the pressure will push to much out.

I was not shown it when delivery engineer showed the lubricate process it was later on a service call that it came up at the same time as getting the info on the large oil.

• Steve Shaw

October 18, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Email sent Kev, appreciate the time you have taken to reply and the offer so thank you so very much indeed.

Steve

• Kevin Busby

October 20, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Steve

Yours went in the post today mate sorry for delay, Miles you should have yours by now.

Kev

• Myles Brewer

October 20, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Lol, we’re talking Irish post here Kevin!!! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] maybe Monday

• Kevin Busby

October 23, 2017 at 8:52 am

LMAO wow thats terrible I thought I had it bad up here.

Just a quick update on this oil, i’ve tried to purchase another bottle and Im now being told the same its not available and can only be purchased in a kit. I’m not giving up yet though as I know its still out there they just realised they are loosing money selling this way and stopped it, probably should not have been given the code in the first place but I have another source to explore, If I can find some more than ill help out some more if people get stuck.

Kev