Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Novajet 750 has anyone got one or used one

• Novajet 750 has anyone got one or used one

Posted by Ian Pople on August 14, 2008 at 9:44 pm

Hi,

Novajet 750 is this suitable for banners as quite a few second hand ones around. Plus new ones being offered for sale from the far east. Any comments from owners of them?

Can you do car wraps with them?

Can they be used for banners?

THe specs say?

Thanks for the reply trying to learn loads of new thing in a shot space of time. I have found some old specs and it States –

DYE AND PIGMENT INK FLEXIBILITY
    The NovaJet 750 has eight ink lines and eight ink reservoirs, so switching between indoor and outdoor ink sets is as easy as swapping out the four ink cartridges. Newly re-designed quick disconnect cartridge valves and septum connectors make changing cartridges mess free.

So is the novajet any good for banners?

Thanks

Ian

Thanks

Ian

Ian Pople replied 15 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • John Thomson

August 15, 2008 at 8:26 am

I know very little about the printing side of things but the Novajet is an obsolete printer…………it uses pigment ink unlike the currrent solvent printers that people use for wraps etc.

The Chinese do manufacture copies of these printers.

I am sure someone more knowledgeable about tprinting will offer more advise than I can.

John

• Gary Birch

August 15, 2008 at 8:59 am

Hi Ian
    I had a brief encounter with a Novajet 700. The life of the inks depends on who you speak to. I was told the outdoor inks would give 3 years life but speaking to people on here and also some of the media suppliers said this was not possible.

I did one banner which I still see which is black text on a white so not the best to notice fading. As it stands thought it looks as good as the day it was printed.

With regards to engineers for these machines, they can only repair them by way of elimination rather than fault finding or at least that’s what I found.

If I could offer any advise I`d steer clear and save up for a Solvent especially if you want it for banners and vehicle graphics.

Cheers

Gary

• Ian Hatfield

August 15, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I had a fleet of Encads years ago and I mean years ago, If you like getting ink all over yourself and only need to do internal work it might be ok. I woluld not consider this printer if you need it to do any kind of exterior work.
    They might be cheap but it will be a costly exersize in the long run if go down this road. Look for a old HP 5000/5500 with UV ink at the very least, but really you wont beat a new eco solvent printer.

• M Brown

August 15, 2008 at 2:13 pm

can I say mod-edit on here. had an 850. nothing but trouble.

mod-edit please use constructive comments when posting

• Ian Pople

August 16, 2008 at 7:37 am

Thanks for all the advice time to have another look around.