Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Novajet 700 beeps? Printing problem, help needed please?

• Novajet 700 beeps? Printing problem, help needed please?

Posted by Glen Mathers on September 29, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Hello all, just wondering if anyone can help, i know it’s an old printer but it was working fine up until yesterday when the prints have lines all the way through. I’ve tried updating the firmware but instead of just the one beep to tell me it’s loaded ok i get a series of 6 beeps, any ideas?

Regards

Glen Mathers replied 9 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

September 29, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Have you got a manual for it? That should tell you what the beep codes are.
    I’ve got an old manual for the 850 somewhere, think the 2 machines were pretty much the same hardware. Will have a search about to see if I can find it.

• Chris Wool

September 29, 2014 at 8:28 pm

http://www.wideformat.kodak.com/Support … ce/700.asp

after a bit of digging

says reboot printer reconnect parallel cable and resend the new firmware

• Glen Mathers

September 29, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Thanks Martin and Chris, I will give it a go and see what happens, fingers crossed.

• Stafford Cox

September 30, 2014 at 11:49 am

Wow, that’s a blast from the past 🙂

Let me know if the advice so far doesn’t work and I’ll see what I can dig out.

Stafford

• Martin Pearson

September 30, 2014 at 11:59 am
    quote Stafford Cox:

Wow, that’s a blast from the past 🙂

Let me know if the advice so far doesn’t work and I’ll see what I can dig out.

Stafford

I’ve probably still got some ink lying about in a box somewhere Stafford lol
    Really am bad when it comes to throwing stuff out :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• Stafford Cox

September 30, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I’m the same. It was only a couple of months ago I gave in and sold all my old Encad spares on eBay. There was about 10 mainboards, 20 carriage boards, carriage motors, bushings, idlers….. I think I got about £100 for the lot 😳 If I’d have sold them 10 years ago I would have made thousands!!

• Glen Mathers

September 30, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for the info guys but no luck, i’m going to buy a new parallel cable and see if that helps.
    No luck in updating the firmware, just keeps beeping 6 times, hopefully new cable might sort it.

Attachments:

• Martin Pearson

September 30, 2014 at 3:02 pm

what makes you think it’s the cable Glen?? Pretty sure it should run up & do a test print even without a cable fitted. Certainly will start up even if it doesn’t do the test print.

• Glen Mathers

September 30, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Not really thinking it’s the cable Martin, think it maybe the firmware, i’m thinking the cable could be faulty and not letting me upgrade, just a thought?
    The printer was running perfectly up until the other day and then the lines appeared.

• Martin Pearson

September 30, 2014 at 8:00 pm

If it was working fine then it is unlikely to be a cable issue, when did you last look at the rubber wipers on the capping station, I’ve known them to cause problems such as lines & smudges.

• Glen Mathers

October 2, 2014 at 7:58 am

Well. got a new cable but that’s not helped, going try new cartridges now, if they don’t work time for the big print shop in the sky, the knackers yard 😥