Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Non curvy alternative to Metamark M2000 application tape

• Non curvy alternative to Metamark M2000 application tape

Posted by Pane Talev on December 21, 2017 at 9:36 am

Hello folks.
    I’ve been using Metamark M2000 application tape for over 10 years.
    I use this tape for wet and dry application.
    Works well in all situations for me apart from the curving edges.
    As soon as I cut the edge curves.
    This creates potential problems for clients who gets their vinyl sent by post and for me when on site vinyls to touch each other and stick together.
    Please share your preferred non curvy application tape make and model.
    Thanks.

P.S. So far I have tried ASLAN and although it stay flat – does not pick up the cut letter and I couldn’t work with it.

Kevin Desmond replied 5 years, 8 months ago 9 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Pane Talev

December 21, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Bump and also another question:
    Are you comfortable with 1200mm wide application tape?
    I’ve always used 610mm wide

• Denise Goodfellow

December 21, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Conform application high tac, medium also available.

We buy full logs or get a full log cut down to certain sizes. To suit different sizes of graphics

• David Hammond

December 22, 2017 at 5:01 am

We use perfectear from Pyramid display. Same as Denise, sold as 1220 logs and slit to any size. Doesn’t seem to curl.

We typically use either 1220 or 610. 1220 either applied through the laminator or use an empty tube to apply it on the bench. There’s a thread on here with a few techniques on how to apply.

• Pane Talev

December 22, 2017 at 10:37 am

Thanks, I look forward to trying 1200 wide application tape.
    When I use 2 x 610mm on a big piece of vinyl, when installing I get a line with air in the middle even by using the felt squeegee.

• Seun Aderibigbe

December 22, 2017 at 5:29 pm

I was using Metamark and R tape app tape till i started using Orafal yesterday. So far so good, easy to use, no stringing, no curling (left over night). I ordered clear and paper in 610mm, 1220 was out of stock but will order when available. I’ve always used 610mm but can’t stand the bubble you get between the joints which is not an issue when using airelease.

Seun

• Pane Talev

December 22, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Thanks for your input Saun,

What number/ code is the one you use?

• Seun Aderibigbe

December 22, 2017 at 6:45 pm

MT95 (clear) MT72 (paper) ordered it from MDP, it comes in medium tack.

Seun

• Pane Talev

December 22, 2017 at 6:55 pm
    quote Seun Aderibigbe:

MT95 (clear) MT72 (paper) ordered it from MDP, it comes in medium tack.

Seun

Thanks Seun!

• David Hammond

December 22, 2017 at 8:00 pm

The oracal clear tape is our choice. Threw rolls of another clear tape in the bin, the static was terrible, just didn’t get on with it.

• Gordon Smithard

December 22, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I use M200 all the time, I love the non aggressive adhesive. To stop the edges curling up I simply leave strips up each side to hold the tape down, ie cut with a weed border.

• Pane Talev

December 23, 2017 at 12:19 pm
    quote Gordon Smithard:

I use M200 all the time, I love the non aggressive adhesive. To stop the edges curling up I simply leave strips up each side to hold the tape down, ie cut with a weed border.

Gordon, that is a great idea. Never thought of that! Thanks. Maybe not the best solution as a vinyl saver but will work in most situations.

I also love the non aggressive adhesive. Gives you a chance to move vinyl around.

• Kevin Busby

December 27, 2017 at 10:57 am
    quote David Hammond:

The oracal clear tape is our choice. Threw rolls of another clear tape in the bin, the static was terrible, just didn’t get on with it.

Can anyone confirm someone that does the full range of Oracal as I just find firms sell bits of it and id like to look into using this more in the future, really like Oracal products just need to find the right supplier.

Thanks

• Gil Johnson

December 27, 2017 at 11:43 am

Europoint [emoji106]

• Jamie Hunt

January 1, 2018 at 9:49 pm

I use PerfectTear Maintape its the best app tape out there GXP 575 Pyramid Display or I think Amari plastics do it as well

• Pane Talev

August 29, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Just a little feedback regarding application tape.
    Shortly after I started this thread I switched to R.Tape – Conform 4075RLA.
    At the beginning I was not very happy simply because I was changing from a non aggressive Metamark M2000 but after a while and few mess ups 😉 , I now use 1200mm, high tack Conform 4075RLA and I’m happy with the change.

Attachments:

• Kevin Desmond

August 29, 2018 at 10:59 pm
    quote Pane Talev:

Just a little feedback regarding application tape.
    Shortly after I started this thread I switched to R.Tape – Conform 4075RLA.
    At the beginning I was not very happy simply because I was changing from a non aggressive Metamark M2000 but after a while and few mess ups 😉 , I now use 1200mm, high tack Conform 4075RLA and I’m happy with the change.

We’ve used r conform for around 5 years now, prefer the 4050rla medium tack to the high tack though, give that a try when you order your next roll.

• Pane Talev

August 30, 2018 at 5:47 am

Hi Kevin, will 4050RLA “miss” a letter when removing the liner?

• Kevin Desmond

August 30, 2018 at 8:30 pm
    quote Pane Talev:

Hi Kevin, will 4050RLA “miss” a letter when removing the liner?

Hi Pane, rarely from time to time… but I just prefer it in general as its easier to cover and fitting whilst removing is also easier