Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions General Cutter topics Need to cut stripes – largest 1200cm long

• Need to cut stripes – largest 1200cm long

Posted by red dragon on May 11, 2005 at 5:21 pm

Have been asked to do some stripes. Longest being 1200cm by 10cm wide. How can I get my PC-60 to cut this long?

I’ve tried in Corel 11 – but when do print preview doesn’t fit on the page.

I’ve also got Sign Tools 3, but don’t want to risk wasting vinyl if it doesn’t work from there.

Help please

Sharon

red dragon replied 18 years, 12 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Peter Normington

May 11, 2005 at 5:39 pm

Hi Sharon
    Dont know about the pc 60, but on most cutters you can set the page size, in the set up. Do you need to do the stripes in one piece? It may be easier in 2 or 3 bits and joined. 12 m is a long cut to do absolutely accurate. So you may end up waisting vinyl anyway.
    Peter

• Adrian Howard

May 11, 2005 at 5:40 pm

not sure about corel problem, but with other program run the job but take the blade out of the pc 60 that way you will see if it plots that long and you wont waste any media

• Robert Lambie

May 11, 2005 at 5:50 pm

i afraid i would say forget running that sorta length thru your machine.
    the pc60 just wont track accurately enough for that sorta lengh. i could be wrong of course, but in all the years i had one i wouldnt run a printing job more than about 48inchs x width for worrying will it track out never mind cutting lines. as you know the printing runs in very small steps and is slow.. so better chance with that than sorta fast cutting long lines…

if you are going to attempt it better reset your page size, i think it will be set at about 30 inches by 22 as there is 3 or 4 defaults i think. but you CAN set it to a custom page.

• Vale 46

May 11, 2005 at 5:50 pm

I also have Corel 11, but don’t use it for plotting. It will set a page size of 12000mm wide though no problem. Just type type it into the width box and press enter and it will change your page size to “Custom”

• Peter Normington

May 11, 2005 at 6:03 pm

depending on how much you need you could always get your supplier to slit the roll into 100mm for you. Or even cut by hand, not as bad as it sounds if you have a long table and a good straight edge.
    peter

• Chris Wool

May 11, 2005 at 6:33 pm

hi

sorry did not see this earlyer

if you set the resolution in the driver down to 150 dip it will alow a longer cutting length than at 600dpi the preview screen will be correct so if it dont show up correctly on that it wont cut

Chris

• red dragon

May 12, 2005 at 8:47 am

Thanks for all the replies guys. Took the easy route and double checked with the customer over his sizing. Guess what he actually meant mm not cm. Thought it was a bit toooooooooooooo long for a Lancia Fulvia 😛