Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers need help with HP Designjet L28500

• need help with HP Designjet L28500

Posted by Josh Steenbergen on March 2, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I was seeing if somebody could help with a couple of problems with my designjet L28500.

First Problems is:
    Printer started stopping in the middle of prints. said something about my watchdog and if I would update firmware on printer it might solve problem. Well, I was 2 firmware’s behind. So, Installed the first one, went ok until printer rebooted and when it did, it came up with an error that the hood fans did not come one. So, I tried with the next firmware, which was the latest. It still gave me error about hood fans not coming on. Did a drive wipe and tried to install old firmware. well this time it would not take at all something about wrong firmware. (this was per hp support). Slept on it and today I tried to install latest firmware. This time it worked kinda. Came up with hoodfan error again. then printer shut off on its own to reboot. Well, the error message went away, but the fans sill never kicked on. What do you think is wrong. the fan board, fans or could it maybe be the main board and hard drive.

Second problem is:
    Why I got the printer to stop showing error of the hood fan not working. I was able to print a job. Well, I was able to print job but the hood fans never kicked on. but the wierd thing is smoke or fog was coming out of the front of the printer really heavy. not sure why that was. and also came up with a jam error but not jam. did hear kinda a clicking noise in back of printer though. Not sure if thats what caused the jam error or not.

any help on these thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Josh Steenbergen replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.