• Robert Lambie

February 14, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Seems like only yesterday we reached 5000…. in fact, if i remember correctly. when 5000 was announced i think john simpson commented, it was ony recntly we announced 4000. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• Shane Drew

February 15, 2007 at 10:54 am

5997 and 70 guests…. think how many more we’d have if everyone signed up 😛

• John Singh

February 16, 2007 at 9:46 pm

We’ve hit 6,000
    :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :funky: :breakdance:

• Lynn Normington

February 16, 2007 at 10:11 pm

and 9 😎

Lynn

• Robert Lambie

February 16, 2007 at 10:27 pm

i really like the fact we have hit or 6th mile stone, so to speak…
    we all know the huge volume of traffic UKSB gets on a monthly basis, (200,000 UNIQUE VISITS EACH MONTH) if only we could encourage the ones that have went out their way to register on the site, to become actively involved!

unlike any other sign site, "UKSB requires registration to be reviewed" before we accept access to participate on the site. Only 2 in 5 are successful!
    i.e. on other sign sites you can register 100+ times under bogus details and still gain access freely… NOT on UKSB!
    With this in mind, our 6000 registered users are truly unique to any other sign site on the net…. By that i mean we are NOT manually inflating your online stats/figures to look good… This is a bit desperate in our view… Our stats are for real! 😉 :lol1:

UKSB would like to thank all its daily visitors, but more so its registered users of the site for helping make the site what it is today…. Europe’s biggest and best!

• Marcella Ross

February 16, 2007 at 10:36 pm

:appl: well done Robert! You have put a lot of time and effort into making it the success it is. 😀
    Have a drink to celebrate :lol1:

• Harry Cleary

February 16, 2007 at 10:45 pm

I’ve been here a year and I’ve learned more stuff than I could ever have imagined, and the craic is good too!!! Well done Rob, Nic, Carrie, and Andrew. I remember a time when sign writers protected their secrets with their lives, afraid of the competitor, UKSB makes you realise the benefits of sharing knowledge and fraternity and that there is work for everyone out there, all you got be is the best you can be. Keep up the good work!

• David Rogers

February 16, 2007 at 10:58 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

I’ve been here a year and I’ve learned more stuff than I could ever have imagined, and the craic is good too!!! Well done Rob, Nic, Carrie, and Andrew. I remember a time when sign writers protected their secrets with their lives, afraid of the competitor, UKSB makes you realise the benefits of sharing knowledge and fraternity and that there is work for everyone out there, all you got be is the best you can be. Keep up the good work!

Hear! Hear! :clap3:

• Shane Drew

February 17, 2007 at 12:39 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

I’ll second that Harry. I wish the Aussie sign guys had the same outlook as my European ‘cousins’.

Its still a closed shop here in terms of helping one another. I’ll help anyone that asks for it here, even give them work if I can, but in the 15 years in the game, I can count on one hand the amount of reciprocal help I’ve had locally.

Well done Rob, and to all the regular members that offer an opinion. I, for one, really appreciated it 😉

• Robert Lambie

March 6, 2007 at 11:29 pm

we hit 6000 on febuary 16, only 18 days later, we have had another 149 successful registrations.

way to go folks! 7000 isnt far away now…. 😉

• John Singh

March 8, 2007 at 3:09 pm

That’s a cool 8.27 registrations per day 😀

• John Singh

March 8, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Maintaining that rate would give the boards 3,018 reggies in a year

• David Rogers

March 8, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Makes you wonder where they all are though… seems like the same few dozen regulars doing all the posting!!

C’mon you lurkers!! Say hello, join in, you will actaully be welcome!

Dave

• Robert Lambie

March 8, 2007 at 11:11 pm

people register for many reasons. some to get involved and ask questions, but most register because of things like "images in posts" do NOT show when they are not logged in. so they do not know what we are all discusssing about. also, although free to use, some forums are restricted to registered users, again… another reason why people register but dont get involved. we actually have lots of UKSG members that pay annually for their membership but havent even registered on the boards. everyone to their own i guess… 🙄
    getting people to start posting is the hard part… they look on what is being discussed and wonder if they will fit in. just one of the reasons any sign of hostility or flaming of work within threads, we nip it in the bud. so to speak :lol1: threads/posts like this can really intimidate people from posting their work and asking for help. we cant have that…
    i know administrators on other sign sites that give run of the site to people just because they post allot, "regardless to what they post". to me that is desperate. 🙄

• Shane Drew

March 8, 2007 at 11:20 pm

I know what you say Rob, that’s why I’m so quiet on the boards…. I’m very shy 😳 but I try not to let it show 😉

• John Singh

March 8, 2007 at 11:34 pm

and see how we handle you with cotton wool gloves Shane

It would be good for more to get involved
    Its true what you say Rob about intimidation

I think it takes a lot of grit for newbies to take the plunge and we should be ‘gentle’ with them and then once they become seeded like Shane we can let them have it right between the eyes

See! ……… Shane can take this right on the chin (or between the eyes)

• Robert Lambie

March 8, 2007 at 11:58 pm

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• Shane Drew

March 9, 2007 at 10:36 am
    quote John Singh:

and see how we handle you with cotton wool gloves Shane

It would be good for more to get involved
    Its true what you say Rob about intimidation

I think it takes a lot of grit for newbies to take the plunge and we should be ‘gentle’ with them and then once they become seeded like Shane we can let them have it right between the eyes

See! ……… Shane can take this right on the chin (or between the eyes)

😉 😛 :lol1:

• John Childs

March 9, 2007 at 10:52 am
    quote Shane Drew:

I’m very shy but I try not to let it show 😉

Shy? Yeah, right.

6,560 post to date.

😀

• Lynn Normington

March 10, 2007 at 10:57 pm

I think people should not be afraid to post work, personally I would prefer people to give honest opinions ie: load of pants as long as they can justify why they think it is, I would sooner have real feed back sooner than "nice work" that way you can get different idea’s and impressions, to be honest I think we all hate to be criticized, but if you can stand back and think about it you will probably agree with different perception, at the end of the day if you don’t throw your toy’s out of the pram we can still all learn. 😉

Lynn

• Robert Lambie

March 10, 2007 at 11:10 pm

couldnt agree more lynn… being slagged off is one thing, but being told your work is bad…why?… and how it can be improved is another.

• Robert Lambie

April 24, 2007 at 8:17 pm

we hit 6000 on February 16, we now have another 500 successful registrations, thank you number 6500 😛

• Warren Beard

April 24, 2007 at 8:24 pm

Next we all need to band together to break the most number of users on at once record.

637 on line December 30th 2004 😮

• David Rowland

April 24, 2007 at 8:24 pm

but…

We have 6500 registered users

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• Martin Pearson

April 24, 2007 at 9:22 pm

6501 now Dave!!!!

Like you say Robert people join for different reasons, it would be great to get some of the members who don’t post at all to even make the occasional post, it would be interesting to know what percentage of people register to see what they can get for free and have no interest in making any friends but join just to take, take, take.
    I think there are also people who won’t post because they are afraid someone else local will try and steal their customers or any job they ask advice on. I think there will also be people who are to embarrassed to ask questions, afraid if they do ask they will be ridiculed. There must be a lot of different reasons actually.

Lynn, I don’t have a problem with my work being criticised at all, I know that I am not that good at design and the best way to learn is to have someone actually telling you were you went wrong and how you can make improvements, to me thats just common sense so I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t feel the same, or maybe they are just not that interested in trying to improve themselves. I am sure that will be the case with some people but I just want to be the best I can be.

• Robert Lambie

April 24, 2007 at 9:39 pm

the 6501 member was unsuccessful… had to let it go 😕 :lol1:

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 24, 2007 at 9:52 pm

I thought this was referring to Shane’s post count!
    😀
    Congratulations, Rob, well done.
    If I could swing the flight and had the time I’d join you all at Sign UK.
    Love….Jill

• Lynn Normington

April 24, 2007 at 10:00 pm

wish you could Jill

Lynn xxx

• David Rowland

April 25, 2007 at 7:26 pm

only 20more posts lynn and u hit the big 3000!

• Nicola McIntosh

April 25, 2007 at 7:32 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

only 20more posts lynn and u hit the big 3000!

you just said that dave….cause youve only got 5 to go until you hit 4000 :lol1: :lol1:

nik

• David Rowland

April 25, 2007 at 9:24 pm

omg so i have… well spotted lol

• Nicola McIntosh

April 25, 2007 at 9:48 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

omg so i have… well spotted lol

🙄 …………………. just bumpin it up so it wont take you long 😉

nik

• David Rowland

April 25, 2007 at 10:18 pm

im there! im 4001 old

• David Rowland

April 25, 2007 at 10:19 pm

thing is i registered a very long time back but didn’t post and have over taken Lynn!

• Robert Lambie

April 25, 2007 at 10:29 pm

how time flys…

Martin Joined: 31 Mar 2002!!!

I am sure Phill Fenton registered way back then also…

• Marcella Ross

April 25, 2007 at 10:37 pm

July 2002 I joined. I said nothing for 2 years …………….. then wouldn’t shut up!!!!!!

• John Singh

April 25, 2007 at 11:07 pm

Jan 2003 for me
    just over 4 and a bit yrs
    Phil and Martin were the oldies by then

An interesting 4 yrs its been

• Robert Lambie

April 25, 2007 at 11:12 pm

how time flys! 😮

marcella, how long ago was it you came into our work to get a cutter blade? thats gotta be a while ago now… 😕

John :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• John Childs

April 25, 2007 at 11:22 pm

November 2002. When Martin was a Jedi Knight with 1,000 posts.

Seems like five minutes ago. 😕

In that four and a half years I’ve learned a lot, and received a lot of help from other members.

Thanks for making it possible Rob

• John Singh

April 25, 2007 at 11:30 pm

I remember that Jedi Knight icon well
    I think back then you were only recognized as one post even in you had engaged in several posts within the one thread
    Is that right Rob?
    I’m pretty sure that’s how it worked then

If that is the case then many oldies here would have much higher postings if based on the new way i.e. each reply = 1 posting

• Martin Pearson

April 25, 2007 at 11:32 pm

Robert, I first applied to join a bit before that, think it was January time but for some reason my application didn’t go through, perhaps you were being fussy about who joined :lol1:

Can’t remember how many members there were when I joined but it was a few less than there is now 😛

If I hadn’t had a break from the boards for so long I might have been in with a shout for the free trip to SignUK for being the first to a certain number of posts, mind you knowing my luck I wouldn’t have got it from Robert anyway :lol1:

• John Singh

April 25, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Yours in a case in point Martin – I think you were in the 1,000 post mark
    (Jedi Knight) but you only got one post registered even though you may have submitted several posts within the one thread

• Shane Drew

April 25, 2007 at 11:41 pm

I’m a newbie compared to you old timers.

My wife loves this site….

While I’m annoying you lot, I’m not bothering her. :lol1: :lol1:

Like John Childs says tho, great site, great people.

Thanks all for letting me play 😛

• Martin Pearson

April 26, 2007 at 12:07 am

Shane, the place wouldn’t be quite the same without you, I wonder just how many posts you would have made by now if you weren’t the shy quiet type :lol1:

• Shane Drew

April 26, 2007 at 1:15 am
    quote martin:

Shane, the place wouldn’t be quite the same without you, I wonder just how many posts you would have made by now if you weren’t the shy quiet type :lol1:

😳 Rob would have banned me a long time ago if had been here longer 😮

• rick eade

April 26, 2007 at 6:30 am

Hey Robert, how do you vet everyone who trys to join? Is it all the details we have to give when we first sign up? And shane I have to agree with you mate, I find it very hard to get advice from any other Aussie sign companies unless they are trying to sell me something. I am like you I help anyone I can if they ask, but being a small operator in a one business town I never get asked

• Marcella Ross

April 26, 2007 at 7:11 am
    quote Robert Lambie:

marcella, how long ago was it you came into our work to get a cutter blade? thats gotta be a while ago now… 😕

That was about 10/11 years ago Rob ………… 😮 you were only 13 then.

• Karl Williams

April 26, 2007 at 10:09 am

This site has really opened my eyes.Many competitors around here are quite hostile. It’s good that you can come on here, ask the questions and get a sound view from others that WANT to help. The site has the right people running it, and good people joining in! This is why it’s so successful!

Here’s to many more years of success for the site and the people on it! *drink* :appl: :2thumbs:

• Harry Cleary

April 26, 2007 at 10:12 am
    quote KARL WILLIAMS:

This site has really opened my eyes.Many competitors around here are quite hostile. It’s good that you can come on here, ask the questions and get a sound view from others that WANT to help. The site has the right people running it, and good people joining in! This is why it’s so successful!

Here’s to many more years of success for the site and the people on it! *drink* :appl: :2thumbs:

I’ll second that! I intend to be here in my dotage! well done everyone concerned.

• Robert Lambie

April 26, 2007 at 12:26 pm
    quote Marcella:

quote Robert Lambie:

That was about 10/11 years ago Rob ………… 😮 you were only 13 then.

11 years ago would have made me 24 :lol1: :lol1:

• Shane Drew

April 26, 2007 at 12:37 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

11 years ago would have made me 24 :lol1: :lol1:

cm or mm?