Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mutoh VJ 1304 not printing cyan

• Mutoh VJ 1304 not printing cyan

Posted by David.Smith on May 24, 2013 at 11:38 am

HELP!! Just finished a job yesterday and Cyan was showing at 2% so swapped over to new genuine cart before running next job. Set it off to print and there was no cyan at all, shut everything down checked all cables and rebooted. Tried a different job and still the same result, tried a strong clean incase there was an airlock and still the same, swopped to another cart and its still the same. Machines only 8 months old and was working fine until I swapped carts, machines never turned off and only use genuine inks. Stanford marsh were useless, finally got hold of colourgen but can’t get an engineer to me until tuesday and we’ve got a stack of work that needs to be out this weekend. Anyone with any idea’s??
    cheers all

Stafford Cox replied 10 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

May 24, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Have you checked to see if there is ink in the line at the damper David.

• David.Smith

May 24, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Yeah checked thats and all seems fine, just praying it’s something simple and not a board problem as I just don’t have the time for down time. Just seems odd it been fine one minute then going off the next without warning.

• Stafford Cox

May 24, 2013 at 1:08 pm

As Martin said, that’s the first thing to check. Try running a ‘little charge’ on it too as that is more powerful than a clean. Also. make sure the cap seems to be making good contact with the head or no amount of cleaning will help.

Let us know how you get on.

Stafford

• David.Smith

May 24, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Just tried printing a CMYK colour block and it looks like its coming out at only 50% of each colour. The Black looks likes a grey/brown and the Cyan is a dirty green colour.
    I daren’t take the covers off the dampers incase it invalidates the warranty. Now got customers going mad, i’m sure I wasn’t this grey before buying a printer 😮

• David.Smith

May 24, 2013 at 2:37 pm

image of the colours it printed, should all have been 100% solid.
    ok for some reason it won’t attach the photo now??? Oh the day just gets better…

• Stafford Cox

May 24, 2013 at 3:39 pm

If the machine is still under warranty, do NOT take the covers off. All I can advise is to do a series of little charge’s to try and get it back. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to wait for Colourgen I’m afraid.

• David.Smith

May 24, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Thanks stafford, looks like I’m stuck for the weekend, why do these things always go down on a bank holiday??

• Stafford Cox

May 26, 2013 at 10:58 am

Always the way I’m afraid. If you’re stuck on Tuesday for whatever reason, contact me and I might have someone in your area.

Stafford

• David.Smith

May 28, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Ok so massive thanks you and hats off to Colourgen, engineer arrived at 8.30 this morning and gave the machine a good going over. Turned out to be a airlock and the dampers were totally empty, seems it was caused by a stuck pin that tells the machine when its nearly out of ink allowing it to keep sucking air through. All sorted now and given a good few pointers for when warranty does run out.

• Stafford Cox

May 30, 2013 at 6:11 pm

That old chestnut!! Mimaki’s suffer from this a lot, I’d imagine they’re the same part too (all Epson).

Glad you got it sorted. Colourgen are far from the cheapest but I’ve always got on well with Ben and Garry in support.