• Mutoh sc650 speed

Posted by Shaun Harris on July 3, 2009 at 8:00 am

My sc 650 thinks it’s Linford Christy.

I’ve set the speed and acceleration on 10% (lowest setting I think) but it’s still erratic.

The problem is as well as going out of line, if some one isn’t keeping an eye on the amount of vinyl over the back, it will accelerate the vinyl forward and stall if it hasn’t spare vinyl unrolled (now I’m confused).
    The other thing is (I’m guessing here) it is using all of the info sent by the computer and seems to be waiting for info and at this time it’s very jerky whilst cutting. If I open the front cover and let the computer send info and close the cover it’s fine again.

Is there a memory storage in the plotter?

I’ve got a newer computer because I thought the old one was slow at sending info but it’s still having problems

Any ideas?

Tim Painter replied 14 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tim Painter

July 3, 2009 at 8:15 am

Shaun they have 3 ROM chips if I recall which hold the settings these are known to have problems with spikes on the mains wiping them or knocking settings so I would fit an anti surge if you don’t have one.

I know these machines are fast but they seem to have way more electronics that can go wrong than inside other machines I have looked at.

How are you connecting to it shaun?

Tim.

• Shaun Harris

July 3, 2009 at 8:18 am

Thanks Tim

it’s connected by Parallel port

• Tim Painter

July 3, 2009 at 9:11 am

Hi Shaun

Under the advanced settings tab for the printer properties, have you got spool print documents selected, and start printing after last page has spooled?