Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions General Cutter topics Mutoh SC650 Cutter Plotter

• Mutoh SC650 Cutter Plotter

Posted by Marie-renee on January 4, 2007 at 3:46 pm

hello,

happy new year 🙂

I have just bought a Mutoh SC650, I have connected my laptop to it and have downloaded SIGNGO from the internet (trial) but cant get it to send the info, the cutter doesnt seem to do anything when I select cut? Do I need to set up something on my laptop or will it only work on a PC? Thanks **marie** 😕

Marie-renee replied 17 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Marie-renee

January 4, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Hi again….. so now I have changed to my PC with signlab2, I have managed to select the mutoh driver but now I need to tune in the cutter. don’t suppose anyone knows what setting I need on the Mutoh so my cutter links. Thanks **marie** 😀

• Steve Maple

January 12, 2007 at 10:23 am

select
    gerber fastrack 650 in the software

-plug in the serial cable

-set the sheet width to 600

• Chris Windebank

January 12, 2007 at 10:37 am

download the full manual that does not come with the machine
    http://www.mutoh.be/emc.asp?pageId=461

• Frank Droog

January 12, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Are you connecting via serial port or via USB port.

If you have a fairly new Signlab, there should be a SC650 driver in the Mutoh folder otherwise allmost any HPGL driver will make it cut.

If you want USB, install the software on the Mutoh CD rom for the USB support. The CD from Mutoh will add a fake/new com port, usually com4 and will redirect output to com4 to the USB port.

If cutting via serial, i would recommend setting Signlab and the cutter to at least 19200 baud rate instead of 9600 as that cutter cuts VERY VERY fast and may seem to pause alot at 9600.

frank at cadlink

• Marie-renee

January 13, 2007 at 2:33 pm

Hi,

I have now managed to get a copy of SignLab 5 as I found out SigbLab 2 was about 16 years old and possibly the source of my problem!!!

Thanks for all your feedback, it has been helpful…..fingers crossed when the new SignLab arrives it should all be OK.

**marie**

🙂