Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mutoh 1304 capping station and check suction

• Mutoh 1304 capping station and check suction

Posted by John Duffy on June 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Hi,

First post here newbie :

I took the capping station out so I could change the cap as there seemed to be no ink being drawn on a cleaning cycle, the vacuum pump looks fine not clogged, the printer is 18 months and only moderate usage, so I am presuming it’s the cap sealing, that’s causing the problem

So my questions are:

(1) How do you test the vacuum pump when you have it out.
    (2) And for the future how do you test to work out if it’s the seal or the vacuum pump that is the fault when the capping assembly is in the printer.
    (3) There are three black thin plastic pipes that run from the sealing cap, of course two run to the vacuum pump, the third pipe was blocked, but the reason for this pipe confuses because as it’s now unblocked, it will now let air into the sealing cap, or am I missing something about as to the reason this pipe is there ?

Many thanks in advance.

Gareth Morgan replied 9 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

June 30, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I always go for a complete maintenance assembly to be honest. OK, it’s a couple of hundred quid but quite cheap when compared to replacing the DX5 printhead. The assembly contains a new pump and cap and is pretty easy to fit. Mutoh recommend replacing it ever 12 months. I find my customer need the replacing around 18-24 months.

Stafford

• John Duffy

June 30, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes I am gettiing round to the same idea, the price is now £110. for the complete assembly. ( did not see that untill after i ordered the sealing cap) , ah well, will have a spare cap seal anyway.

Regards

• Gareth Morgan

July 1, 2014 at 8:14 am

The third pipe gets sealed when the printhead docks on the capping station.

I’ve just replaced my maintenance station for the first time (mine is around 14 months old).
    I bought the aftermarket maintenance station from digiprint, but had a couple of issues.
    I found the cleaning cycle very noisy and my print head started loosing nozzles overnight, but a clean cycle would bring them all back.
    After speaking to digiprint they recommended using silicone grease on the gears to quieten the cleaning cycle, which worked. They also said to replace all the dampers.
    Another engineer told me to purchase a genuine capping station, as the aftermarket one can be hit or miss, not sure how true this is?
    So I’ve purchased a genuine capping station and dampers to try that.

Let me know how you get on, and I’ll post if the genuine capping station solves my issue.

• Gareth Morgan

July 1, 2014 at 8:14 am

The third pipe gets sealed when the printhead docks on the capping station.

I’ve just replaced my maintenance station for the first time (mine is around 14 months old).
    I bought the aftermarket maintenance station from digiprint, but had a couple of issues.
    I found the cleaning cycle very noisy and my print head started loosing nozzles overnight, but a clean cycle would bring them all back.
    After speaking to digiprint they recommended using silicone grease on the gears to quieten the cleaning cycle, which worked. They also said to replace all the dampers.
    Another engineer told me to purchase a genuine capping station, as the aftermarket one can be hit or miss, not sure how true this is?
    So I’ve purchased a genuine capping station and dampers to try that.

Let me know how you get on, and I’ll post if the genuine capping station solves my issue.