Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers More VS-640 Cutting advice required!

• More VS-640 Cutting advice required!

Posted by John Mackenzie on December 20, 2012 at 9:58 am

I am cutting some poliflex and for each logo I have made my own weed border (I don’t know if there is an option to have Versaworks create a weed border for you that isn’t exactly the same size as the job?) but for some reason it is missing the bottom cutline? It does this on quite a few jobs where it misses off the bottom line and I’m not sure why?

Any help much appreciated…

Attachments:

John Mackenzie replied 11 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Robert Walker

December 20, 2012 at 1:00 pm

You have cut image boundaries under the cut controls or you can increase the EPS margin in the Queue Properties

Robert

• John Harding

December 20, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I think Martin Cole had a similar problem – im interested in how you solve it

John

• John Mackenzie

December 20, 2012 at 2:21 pm
    quote Robert T Walker:

You have cut image boundaries under the cut controls or you can increase the EPS margin in the Queue Properties

Robert

I don’t want to use ‘Cut Image Boundaries’ because it means that 3 sides of my self-made weed border will get double-cut.

Where is the ‘EPS Margin’ in Versaworks/Queue Properties?

EDIT: Having looked I presume you’re talking about the offset from the adavnced settings? If so I don’t want to mess about with these settings as I have the VS-640 cutting well and all I have to do at present is just adjust the force (cutting force not jedi force) for whichever material I put in…

Also I’m presuming there isn’t a ‘Weed Border’ option within Versaworks then?

• Chris Wool

December 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm

eps boundary i think is what you want in VW.
    i use my own weed boxes and the eps export from corel is set to 1mm so never use the VW adjustment.
    what ever way you do it it will not effect the print cut accuracy.
    its just unfortunate that for some reason VW and graphtec drivers come to that don’t like a cut line on the plotter 0.0 line. so a offset of even .01 mm stops it happening.

• John Mackenzie

February 8, 2013 at 9:14 am
    quote Chris Wool:

eps boundary i think is what you want in VW.
    i use my own weed boxes and the eps export from corel is set to 1mm so never use the VW adjustment.
    what ever way you do it it will not effect the print cut accuracy.
    its just unfortunate that for some reason VW and graphtec drivers come to that don’t like a cut line on the plotter 0.0 line. so a offset of even .01 mm stops it happening.

Ah OK, I’ll start just putting a small 1mm single cut line 1mm down, thanks for replying bud…