Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Mimaki UJF 3042 vs Roland LEF-20 vs Mutoh 426 UF

• Mimaki UJF 3042 vs Roland LEF-20 vs Mutoh 426 UF

Posted by Aaron Zammit on April 7, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Hi i am interested in buying a desktop flatbed up printer.
    the choice is between
    Mimaki ujf 3042 vs Roland lef-20 vs Mutoh 426 uf
    any suggestion guy?

Cat Wood replied 9 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Unknown Member

April 8, 2015 at 8:39 am

I would advice you go and spend some time with Joe from Roland at the creative centre and let this little wizard show you exactly what this machine can do.

His a genius on the thing and will show you things that will blow you away.

Give them a call speak to Jo and say James from Group101 said that you can show me this amazing kit and all the weird and wonderful things you can do with it!

• Cat Wood

April 8, 2015 at 9:46 am

Hi Aaron,

We are one of the only suppliers of both the Mimaki and Roland so have an impartial view of the two, really it depends on your budget and what you aim to do on it. Have you used either Mimaki or Roland before?

• Aaron Zammit

April 8, 2015 at 10:21 am

Hi Cat Wood,
    at the moment i have a Mutoh & Roland
    but never used a mimaki before..

• Cat Wood

April 8, 2015 at 10:23 am

The main reason behind asking was that the software is the same, seeing as you have a Roland already it would make sense to stick with that if the LEF does what you need it to as you’d already know how to use Versaworks rather than trying to get to grips with something new. The price on the LEF is also very good at the moment.

What are you hoping to print on it?

• Aaron Zammit

April 8, 2015 at 10:29 am

Mainly on biros.. but these machines seem to have no limit on what to print 🙂
    Regards Brand of machine i wish one ‘Trouble Free/Reliable’ as much as possible 🙂

• Cat Wood

April 8, 2015 at 10:33 am

The opportunities really are endless on them, great machines for biros with a customised jig for ease of print.

With regards to the reliability and trouble-free element – Roland obviously would be more "trouble-free" for you with previous knowledge of the RIP. However both are really good, reliable printers. At the end of the day it usually comes down to budget and user preference.

Feel free to give me a call if you’d like samples or a demo on either machine. Happy to help 😀

• Aaron Zammit

April 8, 2015 at 10:37 am

Thanks appreciate it Cat. Can you please send me your details to: gozocreations@gmail.com

• Cat Wood

April 8, 2015 at 10:55 am

No worries, will do.