Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Mimaki Cutters Mimaki JV400-130/160LX latex Printer

• Mimaki JV400-130/160LX latex Printer

Posted by Andre Woodcock on February 15, 2012 at 4:32 am

I’ was about to add a New HP L26500 Latex printer to my setup and this morning I received a message on the upcoming Mimaki JV400-130/160LX latex Printer.

If anyone of you guys have pros and cons on both of the above printers Please help.

Many Thanks

Andre

Gary Barker replied 8 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

February 15, 2012 at 4:39 am

i only just found out about it a day or two ago andrew, think it will be some time before the real pro’s & con’s come about. I plan having a look at sign + digital next month when i’m down.

would be interesting if they incorporate print and cut with it too… 😀

• David Rowland

February 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm

hi yes we started talking about it

We cannot confirm the heads in the machine but we think it is engineer call out based, quite possibly the same heads as mimaki flatbeds.

The width is wider 1.6mtr

The heaters are working at 60deg, so banners should be ok.

It be just like normal Mimaki stuff.

We are really pleased with the maintenace side to the HP Latex.. still think it is the best out of the bunch

• Andre Woodcock

February 15, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Thank you for your feedback Rob and Dave.
    I’ve got a good deal on a HP DJ L26500 from one supplier and also on a demo unit HP DJ L25500. Have you compare those 2 printers yet?

Regards

Andre

• Stafford Cox

February 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm

As Dave says, it’s going to be very similar to Mimaki’s of the past where the head is a fixed Piezo. My guess is it will be a Toshiba CA4W like the JF/X and Xaar fladbeds.

My thoughts would be that it will be a very good machine and probably will come with a 2 year warrantly (1st from Mimaki, 2nd from Hybrid direct).

It’s only been announced in the last couple of days so it’s new to us all so time will tell how good or bad it is…..

Stafford

• David Rowland

February 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Andre…
    L25500 brilliant machine but if you want to do banners then the newer l26500 well make it easier.

Basically the ink is lower cure on the new one which is a big difference.

The new one is better for fabric handling

Double sided banners..

Youtube/isigntube has lots of videos

• Fabrice Menard

February 15, 2012 at 2:49 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

We cannot confirm the heads in the machine but we think it is engineer call out based, quite possibly the same heads as mimaki flatbeds.

I read that it could be Ricoh printhead (2 heads on the machine), of course it was only a rumor.

• Gary Barker

August 6, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Hi All has anyone got one of these printers ? pro’s and con’s pls

Gary