Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mimaki JV3 250SP printing backwards, help please?

• Mimaki JV3 250SP printing backwards, help please?

Posted by Adrian M Lewis on July 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hi all, this is my first post here – ill introduce myself properly after ive posted this.

i have a jv3 250sp which i have just replaced the main board and i have a couple of problems.

all seemed fine – powered on perfect but i noticed that the up and down buttons on the control panel seemed to be backwards. i didnt really think anything of it at the time, but i tried to print something and it is trying to print it backwards???? i.e the roller is turning the opposite direction to the way it should!!

the mainboard came out of a 160sp and was fully functional, i have re checked all my connections and everything seems to be in the correct place.

i am hoping that someone can help me out here 🙂

thank in advance for any help.

Ade CEG Graphics

Stafford Cox replied 11 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Adrian M Lewis

July 19, 2012 at 4:10 pm

another question – as the mainboard came out of a jv3 160sp it is thinking that it can only print 1600mm wide, would i need to update/change firmware??

could this be causing the backwards printing problem?

thanks guys 🙂

• Stafford Cox

July 21, 2012 at 8:10 am

Hi Ade.

First of all, I would try reversing the plug for the x motor on the mainboard. There should be one for power and one for the encoder. I have seen this before when I changed a mainboard and I’m sure that’s all it was.

As far as it printing only 1600 wide, that’s because you have the board setup for a 160 and not a 250. This is done by uploading a parameter file from a 250 to it, which I have if you need one. However, this is not as simple as it sounds as all the head rank numbers are set within the parameter file too. The only other thing you could try would be start up in engineer mode and change one of the #system parameter settings. I can’t remember which one it is off the top of my head but the options are something like:

0=750 wide
    1=1300 wide
    2=1600 wide
    3=2500 wide.

If you’re struggling with it, get in touch and we’ll see if we can sort it out.

Stafford

• Adrian M Lewis

July 21, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Hi, thanks a lot for your help, i have it sorted now, a friend cam out last night had a good look through my old mainboard & and found a blown resistor (i think thats what he said it was), this was caused by from a head – i was getting a head error 07 before the board blew. it all seems to be working fine now (touches wood).

thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

• Stafford Cox

July 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Excellent, I’m glad you got it working. I’ve found that head 07 errors are often related to the head or slider and can be intermittent so keep an eye on it. Do you think you could post up a picture of what part was replaced?

Stafford