Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers mimaki jv3 130sl (colour profile help grey))

• mimaki jv3 130sl (colour profile help grey))

Posted by Praveen Jayawardene on September 26, 2009 at 3:19 am

Hello All,

Hope all is well.

I have a JV3 130SL, at current i am running photo print 5 as my rip.
    Unfortunately with the current profiles my rip isn’t handling printing gradients of grey to well ,its comes up grainy not solid or smooth.

Can any one who has the same model with the same rip be able to share a profile that prints grey and grey gradients that are not grainy.Maybe we can share settings used in your printer.Not sure.

Have altered media,print speed,print direction,increased dpi,ink levels etc.

Also do you think if i move up to photoprint 6 that this may improve the grey scale print ?

Appreciate your advice and thanks for your time,

Cheers,
    Pj

Praveen Jayawardene replied 14 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Karl Williams

September 26, 2009 at 9:11 am

Go to http://www.mactac.com. They have profiles on there you can down load for the jv3. These may work.

• Praveen Jayawardene

September 26, 2009 at 11:07 am

Hello Karl,

Appreciate the feedback.I have been given numerous profiles from different sources that haven’t improved results.

I was hoping to find someone who has the same printer that dosen’t have a greyscale issue,that way i can source the same profile from them and duplicate the settings on my printer to hopefully achieve the same or simular results they have.

I’m hoping someone on this forum may help.

Cheers,
    PJ