Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers MIMAKI JV3-130 SP2 – advice please

• MIMAKI JV3-130 SP2 – advice please

Posted by Jonathan Bennett on June 1, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Hi

Does anyone know much about this printer?

I am wanting a printer to print: contravision and vehicle wrap and I am on a very tight budget?

Any thoughts if this will do the job.

Thanks

Stafford Cox replied 9 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jamie Wood

June 2, 2014 at 8:01 am

Yep. A JV3 will do this type of work all day long. Do a test print before you buy it, to
    see if all the nozzles are clear, otherwise you could potentially have a large bill for new
    heads.

• John Thomson

June 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I still have a JV3……….good solid reliable machine which prints well when correctly set up.

john

• Denise Goodfellow

June 3, 2014 at 7:14 pm
    quote Jonathan Bennett:

Hi

Does anyone know much about this printer?

I am wanting a printer to print: contravision and vehicle wrap and I am on a very tight budget?

Any thoughts if this will do the job.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

• Stafford Cox

June 6, 2014 at 7:55 pm

How much would you like to know about a JV3? Probably one of my favourite machines and have been installing, training and repairing them since the first one arrived in the UK in 2003.

The SP would be a much better buy than an S, although you can pick an S up for a couple of £k now with a reasonable warranty included. Try and get a 160, if you get a smaller one, you’ll wish you got a bigger one. When an advert says, heads just need a good clean, it’s a lie!!! If the heads just need a good clean, you’d clean it before selling it. Also, look for a good RIP that supports Mimaki and has a selection of profiles. Shiraz, Onyx, Caldera and Wasatch are probably the most popular ones.

Stafford