Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Mimaki CJV30-130BS Print & Cut misalignment

• Mimaki CJV30-130BS Print & Cut misalignment

Posted by LePond on June 12, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Good morning, folks

We have a Mimaki CJV30-130BS and we’re having problem with the alignment of the print and cut. The cut is always a few millimeters (arround 3mm) to the left and a few to the up (arround 2mm).

I already tried to do the P/C Origin Offset calibration. While calibrating, the cut was perfectly aligned with the print. Then when I print & cut something, the misalignment is still there, just like before!

Already calibrated the mark sensor offset, the blade offset, and every calibration that I know, and still the cut is terribly misaligned.

Do anyone know any black magic, voodoo, or some weird dance that would make our machine to print and cut like it was planned?

Sorry about my english, by the way );

LePond replied 9 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Fabrice Menard

June 12, 2014 at 4:25 pm

how many register marks does your printer read before starting cutting?

I have see on my CJV30 that even with fine calibrated P/C, it must be configured with the scan of 4 register marks. With fewer, it is always off.

• LePond

June 12, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Right now is only 1. I already set to 4, but didn’t got much improvement on the alignment.

I checked at user manual, pages 4-14 and 4-15, there’s a contradiction. At page 4-14, when the manual is explaining the Skew Check, it shows a position of starting a register mark detection on mark type 2. However, at page 4-15, it says the opposite. Which one is right?

• Fabrice Menard

June 12, 2014 at 5:50 pm

the right one is the one that you use in your art file (type 1 or 2), you must set the printer with the same type that you use in your file.

• LePond

June 12, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Actually I was talking about the area that I should place the light pointer.

• LePond

June 18, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Today I tried to print and cut a small tag and this is the comparison

Project: http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 … corte1.jpg

"Final" product: http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 … 18_003.jpg

I already tried to compensate the misalignment on Corel Draw, but the distortion seems to be random.

Any ideas? I’m going crazy right now.

• Fabrice Menard

June 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

the print does not look very good to be honnest. I suspect that the register marks are also not correctly printed, this would cause the problem. Could you post picture of the register marks? What size are they? How thin?

• LePond

June 20, 2014 at 12:36 pm

We’ve printed with using 6 passes (720p), unidirectional. How can print I get better quality? The tag is 35,6mm width and 53,4mm height.

About the register marks, the size is 4mm and 3mm thin. We printed a sheet with 100 copies of the tag. I also tried to print a sheet with 25 copies, but the distortion was still there.

• Fabrice Menard

June 20, 2014 at 12:43 pm

3-4mm thin??? isn’t it 0.3-0.4mm?

• LePond

June 20, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Yeeees yes yes. Sorry. My bad ):

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 … 20_001.jpg
    Here’s the photo of the registry mark

• Fabrice Menard

June 20, 2014 at 1:05 pm

is the blade offset is correctly set in you printer settings?

• LePond

June 20, 2014 at 1:20 pm

blade offset is 0.26

• Simon Worrall

June 20, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Take a close look at your two end rollers. Is the mount cracked or broken?

When you have the rollers down is it possible to pull the material through with your hands?

• LePond

June 20, 2014 at 1:55 pm
    quote Simon Worrall:

Take a close look at your two end rollers. Is the mount cracked or broken?

When you have the rollers down is it possible to pull the material through with your hands?

Nope. Every roller look absolutely fine. It holds the material when I pull it and there’s no visible crack

EDIT: Well, I noticed a problem today when I was trying to print. When I put the vinyl on the machine, it starts to wrinkle really bad. Here’s a photo: http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 … 20_002.jpg

That happens because of the humidity in back line. And these wrinkles can be a possible cause of the misalignment of the cut. Am I right?