Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Matching Macal 9839-22 sea blue to pantone for prints

• Matching Macal 9839-22 sea blue to pantone for prints

Posted by Jean Oakley on February 28, 2018 at 11:23 am

Hi all i use Sea blue for one of my long standing customers. A design company have got involved and are trying to do artwork for me to print from. They must have sent a dozen bits of artwork over all with varying degrees of blue, but none even close. I dont have a RAAL number to use to cross match. Do any of you know how to go about matching so i can give the designer a CMYK or pantone to work from, amny thanks for reading jean

Jean Oakley replied 6 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jon Marshall

February 28, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Can you print an pantone swatch and then just replace the colour in their artwork to get it close to the vinyl?

• Jean Oakley

February 28, 2018 at 3:18 pm

Hi Jon, part of the problem is all the artwork they are sending is flattened and i cant seperate to amend the colour. They are going to be sending work regularly so want them to get it right their end otherwise i will be tweeking every file that comes through to me. Ive just emailed them again and asked (again) for the artwork to be sent unflattened or grouped and have now given them a CMYK white ive found hopefully this will sort it. Thanks for the help jean

• Chris Windebank

February 28, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Jean, it is one of those vinyl colours that match nothing.

Closest pantone I can find is 293C but the matching cmyk values print completely different
    If I was to pick a RAL it would be 5017, again not that close

• Jamie Wood

March 1, 2018 at 8:12 am

P.2935C is pretty close in daylight.

• Jean Oakley

March 1, 2018 at 11:41 am

THANKS GUYS, THE DESIGNER IS NOW OFF ON THE SICK SO WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THEYRE BACK IN BEFORE MOVING FORWARD WITH THIS