Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Buy – Sell – Employment magic touch OKI C5600N / heat press parts wanted

• magic touch OKI C5600N / heat press parts wanted

Posted by Hugh Potter on January 3, 2008 at 2:18 pm

HI All,

i’m about to buy one of these in the next couple of weeks, thought i’d ask here first to see if anyone has a recent one they don’t use and want’s to sell it ? must be a magic touch oki.

also need a rubber, or old style hi density foam pad, for the bottom platten on a large MT heat press, they don’t do the foam any more, and want a heck of a lot of money for a rubber pad!!

thanks.
    Hugh

Hugh Potter replied 16 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Ade Brown

January 3, 2008 at 10:02 pm

I’ve been on the look out for the old rubber pad’s as we cut them down to make in certs for pocket pressing and odd ball jobs like garments with plastic zips etc – allow you to lift the area that needs the heat!!

• Peter Normington

January 3, 2008 at 10:22 pm

silicon not rubber, is what you need,
    Peter

• Hugh Potter

January 3, 2008 at 10:29 pm

ah, cheers Pete, their email just said rubber, but at £100 for a slab of silicone or rubber, i think i’ll try another route!

• Peter Normington

January 3, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Hugh,
    trust me, their pads do work. you can try to find a cheaper alternative, if you do, you can sell it for 80 quid, and make a killing.

I did try the rest, but bought the best.

the pads from magictouch last for years, so in the long run are good value,
    you will see what I mean when you visit them, dont buy cheap alternatives until you do…

Peter

• Hugh Potter

January 4, 2008 at 10:27 am
    quote Peter Normington:

Hugh,
    trust me, their pads do work. you can try to find a cheaper alternative, if you do, you can sell it for 80 quid, and make a killing.

I did try the rest, but bought the best.

the pads from magictouch last for years, so in the long run are good value,
    you will see what I mean when you visit them, dont buy cheap alternatives until you do…

Peter

cheers Pete,

trouble is, i’ve saved enough to get this printer but, as always, there’s a million other things chomping at my ankles to be paid for, so i didn’t really wanna have to blow a onner i wasn’t expecting on top.

the foam pad i have in there is original, the press isn’t new by a long chalk, but had very little use, i’m guessing that someone clamped it shut too soon after turning it off, the cotton cover and foam base have a scorched look to them, it made the foam feel a bit hard. still, i’ve washed the cover and turned over the foam, appears to be fine now. i did run a straight edge over it just now, and it’s flat, so i guess that’s the main thing,

it’s a pain really, i wanted to go up next friday (as you know Pete n Lynn) and pick it up, have a little training while there, i mentioned this date when speaking to the original guy last month and it seemed to be ok, it’s the only day i could be certain of this month, Mrs was gonna come too (her only week day off for the next 3 weeks), I thought it a good way to get her a little more involved, but, upon phoning yesterday, the guy i spoke to reckoned they’ll be setting a trade show up on the saturday so won’t have time on the friday. 🙁

seems just a little bit poor to me, i’m the one spending the money after all, ok so i’m no richard branson when it comes to the spending money stakes, but a sale is a sale, is it not?

i wonder what express are doing on friday ? lol

and what is it (sorry if this is turning into a rant) with companies these days? paying by cheque isn’t generally accepted now when face to face, fairy muff i guess. but it costs the seller 2.5 – 4% on each card sale, so i asked for a discount for paying with £ notes, do you think they would ? why are so many companies reluctant to give little incentives these days? i don’t always expect it, particularly if something is already bare bones prices, but a few bob they’d lose anyway if i paid by card ?

oh well. building a new shed today / this weekend, got a good discount on the materials for paying £ notes there! the big timber merchant wouldn’t offer me trade, but the builders merchant did! need to get this built and a load of junk out of my workshop to make space for the printer and press anyways!

• Peter Normington

January 4, 2008 at 11:08 am

Hugh
    Maybe we were talking about 2 different things, the silicon sheet is for applying transfers to certain things, and is £74+vat
    http://www.themagictouch.co.uk/heatpress/apad.htm

Who did you speak to at tmt, they are usually very helpful,
    its unfortunate that they cant accommodate you on Friday, mate
    I was looking forward to a few jars and a bit of grub with you and the missus 🙁

Peter

• Hugh Potter

January 4, 2008 at 11:52 am

HI Pete, not sure that’s what i need, though the size is correct.

this was part of their reply.

quote :

The new design of heat press no longer has the cotton cover, but just a rubber base (£100) and we would more than likely have some rubber feet you can take. All the other things related to transfer printing I will do what I can for you and last but not least YES the printer only comes with starter toner that’s about half full. I hope this has answered all your questions and will get back to you as soon as I have a price for the duplex unit.

initially i think i spoke to Dave Pearce, very helpful and plenty of time taken to explain lots of things, called at 4:15pm, no rush, no problem.

briefly spoke to Paul Burton on wed’s, called about 4:45, a bit late in the day? while he was pretty helpful, i got the feeling he didn’t need a phone call so late in the day, made me feel pretty awkward as it kinda rushed the call, leaving me feeling i hadn’t got the answers to the questions i hadn’t really managed to ask.

still, i guess they’re the only ones who do the laser set-up, and it’s what i want, so i need to be patient i guess. I would like to get on with it though, i’ve just had the timber delivered but lost all enthusiasm for building my new shed extension now!

• Peter Normington

January 4, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Hugh There is a rubber/foam type pad on the bottom unheated platten, I gather that is what you needed, the silicon is for placing over the transfer, between it and the top, heated platten, its purpose is to disipate the heat and allow it to gradually warm up the substrata rather than shocking it, for stuff like cds and glass.
    seams you have sorted out the base though.

Peter

• Steve Underhill

January 4, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Silicon rubber pad for heat presses is what you are on about I think Hugh isnt it?
    the spongy rubber base that fits on your lower platen?
    They are about 40 quid last count from revolution transfers, it wont matter what type of press you have as if its 40×40 or 30×40 etc itll just stick down to it anyway.
    I cannot believe the magic touch are selling silicon pads at 74 quid plus VAT, even if they do have a little glove LOL
    Silicon sheets, I bought one for £10 at Grafityp, will do dye sub, transfers, anything you like are hard wearing and will last ages.
    Alternatively, use silicon sheets from Xpres they are £30 a box of 500 and after 2 years I still have about 100 left and I have printed a LOT of garments and dye sub stuff, (you can reuse them if not dye sub see)
    Give Jan (Yan) a ring at revolution regarding the rubber pad, he seems to be very good at locating things at good prices.

• Hugh Potter

January 4, 2008 at 3:27 pm

thanks Steve. do you have details for them please ?

Pete, yup.. the pad that lives on the bottom platen is what i needed, think i’ll get away with it for now.

will get the other stuff when i go up i expect.

thanks.

• Steve Underhill

January 4, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Jan wont be there till Monday Hugh, I just tried phoning them for you.
    However when we bought our press he said it was easily replaceable and they still sell a model of the same dimensions
    albeit 600 quid cheaper now 👿
    But call them then, phone number is on the site its
    http://www.revolutiontransfers.co.uk/

• Hugh Potter

January 4, 2008 at 4:38 pm

thanks Steve, i’d forgotten what it’s like to have to source supplies for new lines of stock / consumables.

oh well. onward and upward!

• Freddy.Tait

January 11, 2008 at 6:06 am

hi
    we use blank mouse mats cut up
    the type that is covered with a printable cloth surface
    the magic touch should supply them

they are the type that can be printed on using a colour laser copier
    and heat press.
    some other bits worth a look.
    http://www.my-accessories.co.uk/

https://www.my-accessories.co.uk/cat–B … +Mats.html

hope this of use
    all the best from freddy in sunny scarborough

• Hugh Potter

January 11, 2008 at 9:16 am

thanks for the reply,Freddy,
    I’m just off out the door (off to somerset for a day or three) so i’ll have a quick look when i get back.

cheers.
    Hugh

• Hugh Potter

January 23, 2008 at 11:38 am

HI Steve,

thanks for the revolution link, they had one in stock, white, not black (i’m not colourist so no matter!). under £90 all in. TMT wanted £120+.

cheers!

Hugh