Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Magenta line around blue prints on vp540

• Magenta line around blue prints on vp540

Posted by Jonathan feeney on March 11, 2018 at 12:16 pm

Hi everyone ,

Looking for some help I run a Roland Vp540 and every time I print anything blue a magenta one appears around the image or lettering has anyone ever seen it or can anyone help

Cheers

Jonathan feeney replied 6 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Hugh Potter

March 11, 2018 at 12:18 pm

is it somehow a ‘cutline’ path added by the rip?

• Jonathan feeney

March 11, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Hi Hugh I’m not sure it is set to print only and you can only see it on one side of the letters haha I’m stumped

• Hugh Potter

March 11, 2018 at 2:45 pm
    quote Jonathan feeney:

Hi Hugh I’m not sure it is set to print only and you can only see it on one side of the letters haha I’m stumped

hmm, stumped me then, have you tried running head alignments etc.?

• David Stevenson

March 11, 2018 at 3:30 pm

I’d be inclined to agree with Hugh. Looks like the heads need aligned

• Jonathan feeney

March 11, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Is that an easy procedure ?

• David Stevenson

March 11, 2018 at 8:37 pm

In all honesty it’s never a thing I’ve had to do. Any alignment I’ve done has been print and cut alignment. Have you tried cleaning the heads / encoder strip? Here’s link to the user manual although you possibly already have it –
    https://www.manualslib.com/download/960 … -Versacamm

• Kevin Flowers

March 11, 2018 at 9:23 pm

Before you do a head alignment have you done a bi directional alignment which should be detailed in your owners manual but have attached a PDF, actual head alignment normally only needs doing on head replacement or a very severe head strike.

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/docum … _rev_1.pdf

Kev

• Shawn Bentley

March 12, 2018 at 8:27 am

Looks like a cut line added that’s not in the correct spot colour for cutting and printing the pink instead ? I’ve seen that before when I’ve added cut lines and not correct spit colour? although does look more of shadow than outline when zoomed in.

• Jonathan feeney

March 12, 2018 at 8:29 am

Thanks everyone the thing that’s annoying me is it only happening with blues

• Peter Johnson

March 12, 2018 at 12:40 pm

That definitely looks like an alignment issue. Whether it’s the printheads or that ‘bi-directional’ alignment I couldn’t say, but I’d try the easiest/cheapest one of those options first and then the other if that fails.

• Stafford Cox

March 13, 2018 at 11:56 pm

Definitely head alignments. Has it had a knock? Can you post a picture of the nozzle test? I might be able to tell you which head and which alignment.

• Jonathan feeney

March 13, 2018 at 11:59 pm

Hi Stafford it’s not been knocked well not that I’m aware of , it’s been like this since I Got It so it may have been whilst in transit but it’s annoying now haha I’ll post a pic tomorrow cheers

• Jonathan feeney

March 14, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Stafford this is the test print cheers

• Stafford Cox

March 14, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Well that LOOK to be mechanically aligned so I would suggest the BIAS adjust doesn’t need to be altered although all 4 heads show signs of deflections, maybe you have an electrical fault with the cyan head? Have you tried printing at different resolutions? Ie production instead of quality etc.?

• Jonathan feeney

March 14, 2018 at 3:27 pm

I’ll give it a go mate