Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Looking to make the leap & buy a hp L26500

• Looking to make the leap & buy a hp L26500

Posted by Kevin Flowers on August 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Well after having a few problems with the Roland i am looking to buy a L26500 would be interested to hear how other people are getting on with contour cutting graphics & bulk labels etc

Kev

John Hughes replied 11 years, 8 months ago 10 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Unknown Member

August 4, 2012 at 10:07 am

Kev,,

Why dont you pop down and have a look at ours mate…..only on the A13 near Canutes….

More than happy to share some information over a cup of tea….

Hope your well its been a while!

• Adam Hilson

August 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Hi all

Out of interest what’s the price tag on one of these

Cheers

• Robert Lambie

August 4, 2012 at 9:51 pm

If we purchase another printer it will be a latex for sure, but having the RolandAJ for speed and the Roland Grenadier/soljet for on board contour cutting, i really can’t see buy them. I have only heard good things about the HP Latex and as for having it for vehicle wraps its second to none. but i also hear there are limitations on the media available such as certain grades of banner and the like, which makes me kinda think do i really need one or is it more "i want one"? 😀

• Nicola McIntosh

August 5, 2012 at 9:22 am

where i work have just bought a hp 28500 and it is fast, the quality is the best ive seen, the only issues I know of at the start was the grabbing of vinyl in the middle with the heaters printing on certain vinyl, (fixed now) not good if contour cutting, if your upgrading I would recommend getting one 😀

nik

• George Zerbino

August 5, 2012 at 10:13 am

Kevin,

I’ve had a 25500 for almost two years now, using a Summa D160 for all the contour cutting. I mostly use 3M IJ40 for printing & contour cutting and it’s always spot on, always use bleeds but rarely need them as the cutting is very precise.

However I did experience problems using a couple of other cheaper vinyls (relating to print & cut accuracy) which I eventually solved, so all in all big thumbs up from me.

Next printer will definitively be the 26500 for me, without a doubt!

Regards
    George

• David Rowland

August 5, 2012 at 11:34 am

We are now 10months in. L25500 to me was the better decision. L26500 is better still however we only print vinyl on ours.

• John Dorling

September 10, 2012 at 11:54 am

Kevin – did you get the HP in the end? I am looking to upgrade from the VersaCamm, and looking for some feedback from someone in the same position as me.

Thanks

John

• Kevin Flowers

September 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm

John
    i have held off at the moment i am in the process of looking at a new machine not yet released on the market. Not that the HP is not a good machine but this machine may be more suited to my work load. Will keep you posted

Kev

• David Rowland

September 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm

We are almost at 2000sq mtrs of vinyl on ours… Jason is x10! Harpz told me the other day his is going very well.

• Martin Pearson

September 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Come on then Kevin spill the beans :lol1: Guessing it is a new latex printer so by who & what’s the latest on a release :lol1:

• John Hughes

September 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Soljet 4 ?

John