Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Laminating PC600 Prints before cutting

• Laminating PC600 Prints before cutting

Posted by Karl Tipping on March 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Is it possible to print on a PC600 remove prints then laminate return to the printer for cutting.
    has anyone tried this with any success or is it impossible and need to get an edge.

I need mirror silver & gold prints but need an abrasion guard for protection.
    The abrasion ribbon will dull down the mirror effect so need to laminate them some how

any ideas on a work around would be great
    cheers
    KAT

Alex Pirozek replied 12 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Ian Johnston

March 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm

i used to use frogjuice from victory design with good success on my PC60 stuff

http://www.victorydesign.co.uk/categori … /frogjuice

• Robert Lambie

May 29, 2011 at 12:17 am

i dont think that the roland pc600 will allow auto registration marks to be printed, then seeked to cut.

you could try printing onto chrome cast vinyl with solvent inks along with registartion dots, laminate and stick in a vinyl cutter or print & cut machine with opus sensors if they have them, to complete the job. better quality sticker too in the cast chrome rather than a short term foil film.

3M do the chrome cast.

• Richard Urquhart

May 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I had one of these printers and the colour holds up well, however as Ian has said for anything that needed a bit more life span we would spray or roller liqudi laminate or frog juice which come in an easy can of spray paint. Rich

• Chris Wool

May 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm

another way is to print and cut, then cut a bit of clear from the same file and float it on, you can feel it lock in to place as you slide it on.

if you use a spray etc (works very well) don’t use application tape on top.

never done it with a 600 but cutting after lamination was possible with a pc60, but used my own mechanical method of realignment.

• Alex Pirozek

May 29, 2011 at 8:53 pm

On the PC-600 it can be done but I’ve never tried it. It looks like you need the alignment tool to set it to each mark for reference and send the cut file over to it. If the tool is just a central pointer thingy that sits in the blade holder clamp then it might be possible to make something for the job and experiment with it. It all depends how much you need this feature from the PC-600.

Attachments: