• Label Printer LX900e

Posted by Chris Windebank on October 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm

anyone used one of these? Seem very fast but was wondering about reliablility and ink usage. I have a versacamm that I do labels on but getting busier with labels so doing in house might be more cost effective

Gordon Forbes replied 10 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 23, 2013 at 6:28 pm

interesting so had a google
    to get the results they are claiming the media and inks must be special to them would like to see samples. and prices of the inks and label stock
    at £2000 ought to be good.

• Chris Windebank

October 24, 2013 at 7:51 am

Hi Chris, the model before was a 800 series, this seems to be 17 times faster but double the price.
    attachment too big so emailed it over

• Chris Windebank

October 24, 2013 at 12:19 pm

also noted that on hi use the heads have to be changed every 6 months but only 66.00 each and just clip in.

• Gordon Forbes

October 25, 2013 at 4:47 am

I got sample from the 800 sent to me supposed to be scratch resistant sadly they were not very so didn’t bother at the price. That was a while ago though, may be better now. I would definitely get samples sent first. I am going to try adhesive outdoor paper first as I am too looking for a coloured label printer.
    I have an older zebra thermal printer and have put strips of vinyl through it with resin mix ink, speed pretty impressive and durability excellent. as good as it gets. I don’t know how long it would last the thickness of the vinyl is more than is supposed to go through them.