Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP Latex 700w users, any feedback please?

Tagged: , , , ,

• HP Latex 700w users, any feedback please?

Posted by Colin Crabb on May 23, 2022 at 5:49 pm

Question for fellow HP Latex 700w users – how are you finding machine reliability?

Reason: We keep having to place little callouts, but starting to mount up in time now, for example white ink head change didn’t cooldown correct after a few month, Heater curtain temperature issues on middle fan and now another head change issue.

Really love the machine, but starting to wonder if we got a ‘Friday afternoon’ machine! Would love to hear other users feedback.

• This discussion was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Colin Crabb.
    Colin Crabb replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • RobertLambie

Administrator
    May 23, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I decided to hold off on our new HP purchase for a bit. so I am interested in your post, Colin and any feedback others have on the machine.

• Colin Crabb

May 25, 2022 at 7:30 am

Rob, machines great, but its not a ‘bullet proof’ as the 300 series, needs more TLC – eg profiles for light ink loads and heavy ink loads for the same media.

Print quality is very very good, white is the best I’ve ever seen.

Our only worry is quality of build currently, we might be unlucky, hence the post but have had lot of minor breakdowns.

• RobertLambie

Administrator
    May 25, 2022 at 3:08 pm

Thanks for the reply, Colin. I still have our 360’s and for the type and volume of print work we do, they work great and just keep going. My upgrades are more because I want to, rather than because I need to.

You are totally correct with regards to maybe having a rogue machine, I bought a top of the range Summa cutter with all the bells and whistles added, and wasn’t fit for purpose. fortunately, I returned it and got my money back. My point is, that it does happen. you can get a temperamental machine that wouldn’t/shouldnt normally have issues.

• Colin Crabb

May 25, 2022 at 3:13 pm

I had one of the best 360’s out there (well in my mind) thing was bullet proof, just kept working away happy all day long – We even had a black head that hit 12litre of ink usage once!

We have 315 & 365, along side our L700w, all good machines… but yeah, its a little rogue, just frustrating more than anything.

• Gary Forbes

May 27, 2022 at 12:31 pm

HP nailed it with the 360. their new machines are amazing but like most things, the earlier models of the range are where even they find the problems that need to be ironed out.

Hope you get on top of it colin. nothing worse mate.

• Colin Crabb

June 23, 2022 at 5:28 pm

I’m still dealing with this machines issues, currently I would advise people to hold of purchase, which is a shame, as its a stunning piece of kit…. when it works.

To much downtime for us currently.