Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers L26500 extended warranty – worth it?

• L26500 extended warranty – worth it?

Posted by John Dorling on July 30, 2013 at 11:11 am

What are people’s views on buying an extended warranty for the HP L26500? I usually NEVER buy extended warranties for anything, but as this will be my single most expensive bit of kit, with possibly huge repair bills, is it worth it? I have been quoted £2900+VAT to add 2 year’s extra cover parts and labour to the standard 1 year. How does this compare?

Thanks

John

Jamie Wood replied 10 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jamie Wood

July 30, 2013 at 12:33 pm

We went a different route, and used asset insurance instead. We have 2 machines
    covered for accidental or intentional damage, fire, and theft. All major parts are
    covered, except for consumables, with a £250 excess. It works out about half the
    price of a service contract, and you choose who to use as your engineer.

• John Dorling

July 30, 2013 at 5:35 pm

What happens if it just goes wrong?

• Jamie Wood

July 31, 2013 at 8:21 am

Looked at our policy, and we are covered for breakdown as well, but not general wear
    and tear. I think this would be the same with extended warranty as well.

• Jon Marshall

July 31, 2013 at 8:47 am

But if you have a problem, how soon will it get fixed if you have to make a claim?

• David Rowland

July 31, 2013 at 9:50 am

how much?

absolutely

• Jamie Wood

July 31, 2013 at 10:20 am

We had a head strike last weekend which sent a voltage spike up the head. Hybrid
    came out the day after we rang and fitted a new head and cable. All covered on the
    insurance, minus our excess. Can be a problem sometimes, as warranty customers
    are prioritised, so it’s a chance you have to take, but we are happy doing it this way.