• Posted by Saph-D on October 23, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Can anyone please tell me if a specific software has to be used with this printer ? Likewise does it have to have a specific file format ? I had presumed it would be eps / ai / jpg / bmp etc but from what I have read there is something else ?

Any hints, tips or advice about this little machine or anyone who would like to share their knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Saph

Saph-D replied 16 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Saph-D

October 24, 2007 at 9:16 am

Hi again

I am still working my way through the web trying to find out more information about this printer, but one company has told me that a) it may not need a rip and can use any software or b) it needs a specific one and is no longer supported !

The discs I have support windows 95 and NT – all of the literature is there with the boxed discs etc but alas no dongle ! I have colorflow cds ( two boxed sets ) and the posterjet cd / book / and free upgrade cd from Kodak. Apparently I can’t just buy a new dongle- but have to buy the whole caboodle.

Obviously if another software would work with the printer it would be great. I have Omega ( for use with my gerber ) photoshop cs3 and Coreldraw x3 – I also have winpcsign and flexisign. Can any of those be used with the printer ?

To remind any readers of this, the printer is a Kodak large format 2042 –

many many thanks !

Saph 🙂

• Chris Wool

October 24, 2007 at 10:02 am

think its a re-badged nova jet encad. and all needed a separate rip, apart from the graphtec jx1130 which had a windows driver which is still on there web site.
    try hunting for a old copy of poster rip or similar, its not a printer to throw money at.

chris

• Saph-D

October 24, 2007 at 9:33 pm

Thankyou for answering Chris. I have hardly paid anything for this at all, it has new print heads and new inks but it is the darn dongle gone amiss that is causing the problems, the previous owners are looking for it but have no idea where it could be so I am not holding my breathe.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply 🙂

Saph

• Lynn Normington

October 24, 2007 at 9:59 pm

Saph if I had known what you were talking about and could have helped in any way,I would have answered, nice to see you back 😀

Lynn

• Bill McMurtry

October 24, 2007 at 10:10 pm
    quote Chris:

think its a re-badged nova jet encad…

I used to print directly from Photoshop with my old Novajet Pro50 – just needed to have the print driver installed.

• Saph-D

October 25, 2007 at 2:24 pm
    quote Lynn:

Saph if I had known what you were talking about
    Lynn

Lynn it is a rare day that I know what I am talking about let alone hoping that anyone else will :lol1:

I just go merrily along my way with my head in the clouds and hope that occasionally I bump into someone else hehe.

:pray:

Saph 🙂

• Saph-D

October 25, 2007 at 2:25 pm

Ooooh Bill I hope that works ! I have to go away in half an hour but I will play around at the weekend. I haven’t done anything yet as I wanted to have a little more understanding of it before I did – would be superb if it does !!

Thanks 🙂

Saph

• Andre Woodcock

November 8, 2007 at 2:27 pm

Saph, Try to search for Encad/Kodak drivers from the website and install on your computer. in that case you can print directly from your applications. Best of all if you can a RIP. I’ve been using Encad Novajet PRO 36, PRO600e and 630 printers for years. I had different Rip running those printers.Photoscript, Photoprint, Onyx RIP Center.

Andre

• Andre Woodcock

November 8, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Saph, Pls log on the following
    http://www.encad.com/Support/Drivers/index.asp

• Saph-D

November 8, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Thankyou Andre,

I will have a good look at those !

Saph 🙂