Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Keencut steeltrack 250cm

• Keencut steeltrack 250cm

Posted by Barry Dok on May 11, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Hi guys, has anyone bought the 2.5m steeltrack? I’m looking to find out how much space it takes up wall mounted? I’ve tried phoning keencut, they didn’t inspire me with confidence with there answers,

I would appreciate if someone could tell me the distance from the wall to the Handel, space is a bit of premium in our place.

Also how do they perform? Any issues?

Thanks in advance.

Colin Crabb replied 10 years ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • George Zerbino

May 11, 2014 at 8:06 pm

All the sizes are on their website as far as I can see http://www.keencut.com/uk/products/vertical-cutters/steeltrak.aspx
    So, 326cm from top to bottom, and 75-78cm depth away from wall.

I wasn’t aware of a new 2.5m one, I’ve got the 2.1m one, will have a look to see if I can fit this one in it’s place. 😀

• Barry Dok

May 11, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Yea I seen that on the website, I asked keencut if 75cm was the size with the stand or wall mounted? was just seem a bit much for something that is about 250mm from the forint to back, I asked the girl on the phone then it roughly the width of a desk 750mm she said no not that big I’m not sure!

I’m aware it needs to be at an angle can it be adjusted? Or stored flat ish

Thanks

• Lorraine Clinch

May 12, 2014 at 12:06 am

I have the 2.1m, don’t suppose there will be much difference in the 2.5, I will measure my wall-mounted one in the morning, and report back!

• Barry Dok

May 12, 2014 at 7:36 am

It makes you wonder why they didn’t make a 2.5m/8ft one to start with?

• Lorraine Clinch

May 12, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hi Barry

As promised!

The bottom of the upright slider is the part which protrudes the most, at 540mm. The cutting handle and clamp handle (open) both sit approx. 485mm from the wall on my set-up.

Lorraine

PS yes, been wanting to cut 8ft for years, but to be fair it wouldn’t fit into my unit anyway, would be too tall.

• Hugh Potter

May 12, 2014 at 2:17 pm

now they make the 2.5m you’ll be wanting them to make a 3.2m to cover the big panels!

• Barry Dok

May 12, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Lorraine, seems I will need to move things about or throw stuff out.

As far as I’ve been told by keencut there is an extension bar for cutting 2.5m. If your not 7ft tall.

3.2m would need a 5ft extension.

Cheers.

• Reza Faezi

May 14, 2014 at 3:15 pm

At last!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 I love the Steeltrak, just couldnt bring myself to splash out and get one when it wouldn’t even cut a 8′ sheet. So, where can i buy one as Keencut dont sell direct if i remember correctly?

• Barry Dok

May 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm

No they don’t sell direct, the cheapest i.ve found is Jag, I got a local supplier to match their price.

• Colin Crabb

May 14, 2014 at 6:20 pm

JAG (Signgeer) new catalogue arrived today – I see the new steeltrack, would love one but can’t fit it in… yet…..