Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers JV3 – 160SP – capping station screen

• JV3 – 160SP – capping station screen

Posted by David Rogers on August 13, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Our machine has taken to lifting these little bits of perforated metal out periodically |(…even popped off a rubber cap top once).

Noticed this evening one has gone AWOL. Stripped the machine covers, looked under the carriage and deep under the capping station etc…nowt.

You’d think it’d make little or no difference, oh, but it does. Whichever head it’s on doesn’t clean properly (think ink drop gets stuck to the bottom / pools in the station and that stops the ink coming through / firing past it…and it’ll drip ‘somewhere’ on a print later on.

Anybody have a source – or even one in a spares bucket!

thanks

Dave

Attachments:

David Rogers replied 9 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • John Thomson

August 13, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I will check Dave……think I may have a few I got from Digiprint……I upgraded to the newer captops which has these grills fixed so they don’t come off

Will let you know in the morning.

John

• David Rogers

August 13, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Thanks John.

• John Thomson

August 14, 2014 at 7:11 am

Yes I have a few of these….PM sent.

John

• David Rogers

August 14, 2014 at 9:26 am

Replied 🙂

• Stafford Cox

August 14, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I’ve got loads of them, I find them loose in peoples printers 😀

I’ve also bought a bag full of them before so I can send you a couple if you’re stuck. However, I find that if the rubbers are popping off, the capping station is not long for this world. A new genuine capping station is surprisingly cheap and the newer generations ones are slightly different and the capping plates have little tabs on them that clip under the rubber so they don’t fall out.

I hope that helps?

Stafford

• David Rogers

August 14, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Stafford,

John’s sorting me out with a few he had but I’ll keep in mind about the capping stations.

Dave

• David Rogers

August 16, 2014 at 9:57 am

Arrived this morning, thanks John.