Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers JV3 – 160 take-up spooler spares

• JV3 – 160 take-up spooler spares

Posted by David Rogers on November 27, 2015 at 10:48 am

Would anybody know where you can get spares for a friction driven Mimaki take-up spooler.

It’s all built round a friction ‘clutch’ of hard nylon and some woven friction material…these obviously wear and actually get a bit polished up so lose drive…and winding up the tension adjuster just undoes itself after a wee while.

Running it ‘reverse wound’ works pretty well still.

Tries DPS but can’t see parts just entire assemblies.

Dave

Stafford Cox replied 8 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

December 1, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I’ve got a couple here with knackered motors. Post up a picture of what parts you need and I’ll see what I can do….

Stafford

• David Rogers

December 1, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Cheers Stafford,

will take it to bits tomorrow for a photo shoot.

• Stafford Cox

December 23, 2015 at 9:14 am

Did you have any luck with the TUC?

• David Rogers

December 24, 2015 at 1:07 am

Not had time to take it to bits again.

Running it as reverse wound as it doesn’t slip that way…weird.

Did have the Tiara (Rockhopper) in bits today though as it’s in need of some TLC. Thoroughly covered in ink…wife doesn’t get my "it’s clean dirt…it doesn’t wash off".

Anyway, it’s the white bit that sticks out of the end of the motor (with the tension adjuster) and the two bits of friction material inside of it.

Might be after a few lengths of soft piping to rebuild the pumps too…just don’t know what to order?!

Dave

• Stafford Cox

January 4, 2016 at 10:26 am

The pump pipe is Tygon tubing. Personally, I’d just buy a genuine Mimaki pump and be done with it. Some of the older machines have slightly weaker pump motors and can’t drive the thicker Tygon stuff.

Here’s a couple of pics of the take up assembly for you to identify. Let me know what you want and your details and I’ll stick it in the post…

Stafford

Attachments: