Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl just upgraded to oracal 751 and is very nice to work with

• just upgraded to oracal 751 and is very nice to work with

Posted by Mark Candlin on June 7, 2005 at 3:13 pm

Just got a new delivery of vinyl from Europoint.
    Gotta say Iam impressed by the new oracal 751c. Its much more like a cast vinyl but for the same price as the cal prem. The metalic gold is lovely.
    Nice to get a better product without having to pay extra for it.

Shane Drew replied 18 years, 11 months ago 9 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Simon Clayton

June 7, 2005 at 3:24 pm

Is that standard Mark, or do you ask for it… just ordered 751 today, will it come as 751c?

Simon

• Kevin Flowers

June 7, 2005 at 4:59 pm

Just got catalogue from Europoint they actually class 751 as a cast film in the description just got first roll myself will let youknow how i get on

Kev

• Bill Dewison

June 7, 2005 at 5:34 pm

651 has had an upgrade as well. Both 751 and 651 have been really improved, but especially the 651 series, it weeds like a dream now and applies in a similar way to the old 751 series.

Nice one Europoint!! 😀

Cheers, Dewi

• Carrie Brown

June 7, 2005 at 6:08 pm

We had the new 751c metallic gold arrive in last week …. I agree it is quite nice.

😀

• Jill Marie Welsh

June 7, 2005 at 6:49 pm

I just tried gentian blue 751C, ours is marked on the liner as “cast”.
    I liked it just fine!
    But then again I always like Oracal stuff. Just tried that new 551 and it was just as good as the 651.
    Love….Jill

• Graham.Scanlan

June 7, 2005 at 7:15 pm

you guys are correct 751 just got upgraded to cast
    however the uk there will still be a mixture of both film for a short while, and watch out in the near future for the launch of the 30 or so extra colours.

yes its nice to get a free upgrade, however remember your working with a cast film thats a little thinner so you may need to adjust your blade depth and above all make sure you use a nice sharp blade or you will get weeding problems…..

have fun…

• Roy Roffey

June 7, 2005 at 9:55 pm

does anyone have the number of europoint to hand please??

Haven`t tried this range of vinyls, and I’m up to trying something new

many thanks

roffs

• Roy Roffey

June 7, 2005 at 9:57 pm

I’m a prat …………….. its on the main page

oh well its late

• Peter Normington

June 7, 2005 at 10:01 pm

Roffs
    if you upgrade tu uksg gold you will also get to see the prices to signboard members pretty good they are,
    Peter

• Roy Roffey

June 8, 2005 at 7:35 am

cheers peter,

message to Rob, can you e-mail me the price for a upgrade when you got a mo – cheers mate

roffs

alphabetsigns@eurobell.co.uk

• Shane Drew

June 8, 2005 at 1:20 pm
    quote Dewi:

651 has had an upgrade as well. Both 751 and 651 have been really improved, but especially the 651 series, it weeds like a dream now and applies in a similar way to the old 751 series.

Nice one Europoint!! 😀

Cheers, Dewi

The new 751c is as close to the 3M 7725 as you are going to get without calling it 3M! I use both brands everyday, and I can not tell the difference apart from the obvious clear backing on the 3M, which is probably the only reason I still use 3M on some multi colour projects. Even the colours are identical, which is further proof to me that they are of the same face stock.

The 551 and 3M series 50 is also identical face stock, but the adhesives are different.

I don’t use 651 at all, but they have probably used the old 751 formula to improve the other series.

Our distributors here have dropped the 851 altogether, and had a run out sale last week with a huge % off, just to clear it out of the warehouse.

Shane