Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers is this dx4 price of £310 for one or three

• David Rogers

November 17, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Ask them?

• Colin Crabb

November 17, 2013 at 9:07 pm
    quote :

Bran-new

Too cheap to be true.

• Stafford Cox

November 18, 2013 at 5:59 am

These are printheads from an Epson 10000/10600. You can get them working if you replace the manifolds and gaskets for solvent resistant ones, but the result are never as good as fitting a genuine solvent one.

Come to think of it, I’ve got a brand new and boxed set like that in my loft!! :lol1:

• Steve Maple

November 18, 2013 at 9:32 am

hello stafford.
    yes i have bought a 10600/10000 for the heads once.
    erm, that ad would appear to state that its the 3 heads and the adaptor
    500 bucks 300 quid.

I have just popped 3 of my heads trying to clean them.
    what happened was I was busying away with the proper solvent cleaner, and thought i’d try some avery surface cleaner for a chuckle, it co-agulated because its water based – in the head and they went pop, nozzle plate came off one, one burst at the sides the other one may be alright but its scratched on the surface anyway
    anyway, what price your epson thing.

p.s. do you mind being hounded with questions? as I only bought my machine on saturday, and its already in bits.

• Stafford Cox

November 18, 2013 at 11:12 am

Hi Steve.

I will only sell my Epson heads (once I find them) to a waterbased or dye sub customer as I don’t recommend running them on solvent machines.

However, it can be done, and as long as your manifolds and gasket are not damaged, you can just use the ones from your faulty heads. Alternatively, Digiprint sell after market ones.

• Lorraine Clinch

November 18, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Hi Stafford

You may want to bring them with you to Norfolk, when you come to service my machines, seem to have lost one of the magenta heads, as not producing any print from that one (but what do I know!)

Hope you had a great holiday, give me a call when you are settled back in.

Lorraine

• Steve Maple

November 18, 2013 at 3:00 pm
    quote Stafford Cox:

Hi Steve.

I will only sell my Epson heads (once I find them) to a waterbased or dye sub customer as I don’t recommend running them on solvent machines.

However, it can be done, and as long as your manifolds and gasket are not damaged, you can just use the ones from your faulty heads. Alternatively, Digiprint sell after market ones.

yes, i have just received three new solvent manifolds from didgi print, damn that was quick, 4 weeks from china, 3 minures it seems from belguim and only 3 ponds more.

so how much for those heads?

• Stafford Cox

November 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

Hi Stafford

You may want to bring them with you to Norfolk, when you come to service my machines, seem to have lost one of the magenta heads, as not producing any print from that one (but what do I know!)

Hope you had a great holiday, give me a call when you are settled back in.

Lorraine

Thanks Lorraine, there should be an email waiting for you in your inbox as discussed.

quote Steve Maple:

yes, i have just received three new solvent manifolds from didgi print, damn that was quick, 4 weeks from china, 3 minures it seems from belguim and only 3 ponds more.

so how much for those heads?

Yes, Digiprint can often deliver quicker than the UK distributor they compete with!!

I would really prefer not to sell them for use on a solvent printer as they never work as well as they should and I’ve come unstuck with that before. Digiprint are probably your cheapest, easiest and quickest option.

Stafford