Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters is this a graphtec ce5000 Driver or Operator Issue?

• is this a graphtec ce5000 Driver or Operator Issue?

Posted by Steve Warren on July 9, 2007 at 9:49 am

Hi All,

Finally got my ce5000 working last week (wasn’t using the ‘rocket’ launched software! 😳 ). I had all the software/drivers loaded and was constantly getting ‘offscale’ errors and output <> 5 times actual size. A call to Graphtec and reloading the drivers (3rd install) fixed it.

I’ve run two jobs through since getting it working. Have come in today and it’s running 1.5m vinyl through before starting a .7m long job. Got a horrible feeling I’ve got to re-install the drivers again. Anyone else had this issue or can give me insight? I can’t remember the reset button press either – would like to reset the machine to factory setting.

Appreciate any help!

Steve Warren replied 16 years, 10 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

July 9, 2007 at 10:09 am

if its a new machine ide give graphtec a call again… i wouldn’t imagine you should be getting these errors as their machines are very reliable.

• Peter Normington

July 9, 2007 at 11:01 am

it maybe the pre-feed is switch on, a feature to roll out the vinyl before cutting.

Peter

• David Mellon

July 9, 2007 at 11:04 am

Was thinking the same. Make sure media is set to roll 2 and not roll 1 which would measure the entire length of the roll!

• Robert Lambie

July 9, 2007 at 11:09 am

just re-read your post… sorry 😳

yeh ide agree with the others its your prefeed. i prefer to keep this on. its just pulling/tracking the vinyl to needs to cut before it starts cutting.

• Steve Warren

July 9, 2007 at 1:02 pm

THX fellas

It’s not pulling and returning to the start, rather pulling then cutting.

Guess what, I just went over the settings and I’ve somehow got it ‘FEED’ set to 1m – I can’t return it to 0 though, despite turning it off. Dave’s ‘roll 2’ reply I’m gonna check out though as I’ve only cut on roll 1 so far.

Thanks again.

• Frank Droog

July 9, 2007 at 1:16 pm

The machine has a seperate feed menu item , just befor prefeed.
    Have you tried setting that to 0 and pressing Enter.
    Reboot the plotter and it should stay at zero.
    I have a ce 5000 and it behaves normally.

As Dave said, Roll 2 should not fix your problem.
    Roll 2 just measures the width, instead of width and length.

What program are you cutting from. Any chance its advancing the vinyl?

frank at cadlink/

• Steve Warren

July 9, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Hi Frank,

That’s the problem I think mate.. it skips from 1 to 50, or loops-over from 50 to 1; never displaying 0. I’ve turned the machine off but it still displays ‘1m’.

I’m cutting from CDR12, using Cutting Master 2 (working fine a few days back).

Appreciate the help so far!

• Frank Droog

July 10, 2007 at 4:11 pm

My mistake.
    It cant go to 0 for me either.
    But i dont have your feed issue.

I can only assume it not the plotter but a setting in you graphtec windows printer driver, or its a Page Setup issue in Corel.

Have you checked if there are any Options in your CE5000 orinter driver.
    There is a Gpgl command to advance the vinyl. It would be an option that should be in the printer driver.

sorry about the false lead.
    frank at cadlink.

• Chris Wool

July 10, 2007 at 4:21 pm

is there a value under Additional advance in the driver as a idea

chris

• Steve Warren

July 10, 2007 at 8:00 pm

hi Chris and Frank, when I get in to work tomorrow I’ll have a good poke through the print driver and other settings on the software. Been a long day today, self-employed… argghghgh! As always, appreciate the time in considering and posting. Cheers!