Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters Is sign lab compatible with Creation P-Cut 630?

• Is sign lab compatible with Creation P-Cut 630?

Posted by Glen Mathers on October 27, 2005 at 12:19 pm

Does anybody know if sign lab compatible with the Creation P-Cut 630?

or if anybody has a P-Cut what software are you using? At the moment I’m using Art cut 2005 which is very very basic, i have a trail version of Vinyl Master Pro but can’t get it to work properly.

Frank Droog replied 18 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Gordon Forbes

October 27, 2005 at 4:28 pm

Try askin them on their web site !
    great thing the internet as you have found out.

Goop

• Frank Droog

October 27, 2005 at 10:18 pm

Good news or maybe just news.

I now have 2 people going with PCUT CT1300 in DMPL mode.

There seems to be 2 differant type of PCUT plotters.
    Those that understand HPGL and those that understand DMPL
    Dealers and end users i have talked to seem to have no way of knowing if they have an HPGL machine or a DMPL machine. There seems to be no menu option to switch the language.

There are many people using Signlab succesfully with thier PCUT machine via HPGL. There where also many people who got absolutly no response from thier PCUT with HPGL. I have just yesterday finished and tested a DMPL driver with 2 differant individuals. It was a hail pulling experiance as the syntax had to exactly the way the machine wanted it right down to spaces , commas and colons. In short, you cant use just any old DMPL driver.

So what i still dont know is , and nobody seems able to tell, is wether a particular machine is HPGL or DMPL.
    I am still trying to get a programming spec for these machines or caontact with thier programmers.

The HPGL driver has been available for many months on Cadlinks website.
    The DMPL version of the driver should be there shortly, if not allready
    You will need to try both to see which one you need.

PS For the HPGL machines, it seems you need to move the head to the LEFT side of the cutter befor you start cutting.
    Fot the DMPL machines , you seem to be able to leave it at the RIGHT side as you would expect.

frank at cadlink

• MCS

November 3, 2005 at 2:24 pm
    quote frank:

PS For the HPGL machines, it seems you need to move the head to the LEFT side of the cutter befor you start cutting.
    Fot the DMPL machines , you seem to be able to leave it at the RIGHT side as you would expect.

frank at cadlink

Hi Frank or anyone else who can help , how can you tell if my Pcut 630 is HPGL or DMPL ? Ive just picked up a 2nd hand one and it be the first time Ive used it , because i haven’t cut from it before i dont know where the cutter head goes 😕 and when you put the cutter head in the right place .. what then ? do you set it there so your X and Y setting on the panel is at 000 then switch back to ONLINE status ?

• Frank Droog

November 3, 2005 at 2:37 pm

There seems to be no way of knowing if you need HPGL or DMPL
    As a test, this is what i would do.
    I would place the knife head in the middle of the vinyl and use the PCUT HPGL driver that you should have allready.

If it cuts, then you need the HPGL driver.
    If it cuts to the right of where the knife was, then you need to position the head all the way to the left of the material
    If it cuts to the left of where the knife was, then you need to position the head all the way to the right of the material

If it doesnt cut at all, you possibly need the DMPL driver.

Note, the tests above assume of course that there is no underlying cumminicatios problem like working serial ports at 9600,N,8,1 etc.

Email addresses are not allowed here so cantact somebody at Cadlink and ask them to forward your email addess and phone number to frank in Canada. I will then be able to email you the DMPL driver.

I have never seen one of these cutters so i dont know anything about the switches.

frank at cadlink