Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters is it worth me buying a stand for a graphtec CE3000-60?

• is it worth me buying a stand for a graphtec CE3000-60?

Posted by Nathan on January 5, 2005 at 1:40 pm

I’m about to purchase a Graphtec CE3000-60. Is it worth buying the stand or is there a cheaper alternative. As far as I understand the registration mark sensor it would be used on a digital print, is this needed for anything else and would it work out better to buy digital print ready cut from a trade supplier.

Thanks
    Nathan

Bill Dewison replied 19 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Andy Gorman

January 5, 2005 at 11:09 pm

There is a cheaper alternative to buying the stand – stick it on a bench. What are they asking for the stand? Couple of hundred squids I’ll bet. I could make one for less. Lot of money for a couple of legs!

• jeffus – Graphtec

February 12, 2005 at 9:58 am

The CE3000-60 is better on a stand, for longer runs of vinyl, the media rollers are better than the desk top set that come with the plotter or build a box/ table with a foot print big enough for the plotter and desk top rollers, so the vinyl can drop down the front and back of the plotter, as it cuts. The Auto regi kit can be used for contour cutting most prints vinyl , flock etc….using regi marks for alignment.

cheers

Jeff

• Brian Hays

February 12, 2005 at 10:24 am

Nathan to make your dilema easier the Graphtec CE 3000-60 currently comes with a free stand! 😀

• Bill Dewison

February 12, 2005 at 11:15 am

Same plotter here. All I did was make a bench 10″ x 36″, attach one side to the wall approx 40″ from the floor and the other side to my computer bench, which luckily is also 40″ high. Its set 12″ from the wall at the back, and it works really well.

Problems arise when you’re working over 2metres as there are no rollers on it anymore (got fed up with them) so I now work within that, and cut the vinyl off the roll to the length I need. The only benefit I can fathom from doing it this way, is I can setup all the files, and whilst the first is cutting, I cut all the other colours for the job off the roll. Then whilst the second colour is cutting, I’m weeding the first, etc etc. It works for me anyway 😀

Cheers, Dewi