Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Is it possible to print onto Oracal 651?

• Is it possible to print onto Oracal 651?

Posted by David Stevenson on July 16, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Hi, I’ve a customer looking for a very vibrant orange colour with black text. Nothing we can print comes close enough to what he’s after. Can anyone tell me if you can print (eco-solvent ink) on Oracal 651? Thanks

David Stevenson replied 5 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Barry Smith

July 16, 2018 at 4:36 pm

I had no joy with the 751, but it printed on the latex, you could print on clear and lay it on top of the orange

• David Hammond

July 16, 2018 at 5:22 pm

We have printed metamark series 7 in the past. :thumbsup:

• Robert Lambie

July 16, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Over the years We have never tried 651, but have used Oracal 751c & 551. both do take the print but we have only used "black" onto Orange & yellow. It worked, but the Black is not jet black as such, looks more a dark sort of charcoal grey. Done same with latex and also UV Lightbar. From memory the UV Lightbar gives the closest to black.
    I forget now what/why we did this, but have done it repeatedly and haven’t had any issues i recall.

• Phill Fenton

July 16, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Oracle do a print vinyl called 3651 which is the same vinyl as 651 but especially clean for printing on. If printing onto an ordinary vinyl I always wind the film out and clean it with alcohol. This is easy to do if you load the vinyl into the machine and use the jogging keys to wind the vinyl out then back again while wiping from left to right with an alcohol soaked non fibrous tissue.

• Colin Crabb

July 17, 2018 at 6:55 am
    quote :

We have printed metamark series 7 in the past.

snap – works perfectly on the Latex360

• Bernard Gallagher

July 17, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Print on clear & laminate onto vinyl

• David Stevenson

July 17, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Cheers guys. Had a go printing direct onto it today and seemed to work perfect. Only for inside use so I’d say we’ll be safe enough. Thanks as always for the advice 🙂