Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers ‘Internal Error 00000015’

• ‘Internal Error 00000015’

Posted by NeilFox on February 6, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I hope someone can shed some light on this. I am running a VersaCamm VS 540 which was installed November 2010. In the past 3 days, I have had 2 failures for ‘Internal Error 00000015’ Both of these have been in normal print jobs of about 2 meters or so. I am using VersaWorks 4.1.1, so everything is bang up to date.

If anyone knows what the error is can you please let me know.

Regards,

Neil

Jason Xuereb replied 13 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Andrew Martin

February 6, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Maybe VersaWorks 4.1.1 has some bugs in it… i guess you have tried it but is there any new updates/ fixes for it ?

• NeilFox

February 6, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I have been running 4.1.1 since the beginning of the year with no problem. The error occurs on the printer itself. The printer just stops with that error. The first time it happened was Friday evening, the second time this afternoon.

I upgraded the firmware for the machine 2 weeks ago when the update was released.

Nothing on my setup has changed, and I have looked in the Used Guide for the VS540 and there is no mention of an Error 15. I was wondering if someone had come across this error before..

Neil

• Jason Xuereb

March 30, 2011 at 6:20 am

I just had this error followed by a 0110 something like that service call.

My guess its your linear encoder. Clean it without breaking it and try again. If it happens again slow down your head speed to 700 and see if that helps.

I’m pretty sure it has to do with the scan direction of the carriage head causing the problem.

• NeilFox

March 30, 2011 at 6:54 am

Jason,

Thanks for that.

The problem has never reoccurred since that weekend.

Neil

• Jason Xuereb

March 30, 2011 at 7:00 am
    quote NeilFox:

Jason,

Thanks for that.

The problem has never reoccurred since that weekend.

Neil

Thats why it was probably the linear encoder. Easily a piece of dirt or dust gets onto it and the printer cant read it properly and throws this error.

Glad all is well.