Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Ink sponge for xc 540 roland – help needed please?

• Ink sponge for xc 540 roland – help needed please?

Posted by Shawn Bentley on April 1, 2015 at 4:33 pm

hi all can anyone tell me what this does and should it have this much ink in it? regards and thanks in advance shawn.

Attachments:

Shawn Bentley replied 9 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

April 1, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Shawn
    its a spit pad, yes it does get wet, if you think it is getting too wet check the drain tube that comes from the plastic holder to the drain tank isn’t blocked. Looking at the sponge the machine does not look that old or as the sponge been changed recently. You can remove the sponge just 1 screw if i remember correctly tip a little cleaning fluid into the holder and see if it drains away. If it does pipe would appear not to be blocked if it settles in the holder drain tube is blocked and needs removing you will then find it clogged with dried ink use either wire coat hanger or welding rod etc to clear and reassemble

Kev

• Shawn Bentley

April 1, 2015 at 9:27 pm

hi kev thanks for that, not had problems with it just looked wet and dirty lol bit odd on my behalf i think lol, thanks for putting my mind to rest cheers again,