Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink Ink printing problems – sp300

• Ink printing problems – sp300

Posted by John Wilson on June 18, 2009 at 11:12 am

Just switched on the printer this morning and fine

Printed about 5 banners then all of a sudden my inks are not coming through properly

Black is coming out pure red

And there is very vivid signs of red through my prints

Any ideas where to start on this one? 👿

David Rowland replied 14 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

June 18, 2009 at 11:24 am

Can you do a test print John. Make sure all colours are printing – could be one of the inks have run out without registering empty(even though you’re printing black – it may be trying to print this as 100% cyan magenta and yellow in stead of just black ink – in which case a lack of cyan would tend to cause a red print).

If you open the cover at the control panel you will be able to see the tubes feeding the inks to the heads. Check each tube is solid with ink and containing each colour cmy & k but in particular make sure the Cyan is getting through.

• John Wilson

June 18, 2009 at 11:27 am

I took the black cart out 5 minutes ago and checked it… totally empty so replaced it

So much for it registering empty 👿

So now that i’ve replaced it what’s the best way to get it printing black again? I set the machine to do a clean hoping that it will pull the ink through the pipe

• Phill Fenton

June 18, 2009 at 11:28 am

Yup – A couple of powerful head cleans should fix it

• John Wilson

June 18, 2009 at 11:32 am

Cheers Phil, fingers crossed

Just checked the other carts and 2 of them are really low so i’m just going to replace them the now rather than wait for this to happen again

• John Wilson

June 18, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Sorted now

Cheers 😀

• Adrian Yeo

June 18, 2009 at 1:40 pm

John

Dont want to sound daft here, but do you check the levels using the rip/printer menu? …. or is there a mystic other way?

Had the same problem a while back where I had taken a cart out and replaced it.

cheers

adrian

• John Wilson

June 18, 2009 at 2:04 pm
    quote Adrian Yeo:

John

Dont want to sound daft here, but do you check the levels using the rip/printer menu? …. or is there a mystic other way?

Had the same problem a while back where I had taken a cart out and replaced it.

cheers

adrian

Those levels always show as full 🙁 and the one in the printer menu only shows rough measures but show full again if you take cart out and put it back in 😮

• John Wilson

June 18, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Now the black is printing really strong

And I mean strong, after a meter of print the black is still soaking wet and doesn’t seem to dry on it’s own

All was fine before I had to change the ink so not sure why it’s like this now

Maybe another few cleans? I don’t want to waste ink if I don’t need it

• Phill Fenton

June 18, 2009 at 6:31 pm

The only suggestions I can come up with John are

1/ Is the new ink cartridge the same formulation as the one that ran out?

2/ Did you inadvertently switch off the heaters on the control panel when you were performing cleans to pull the ink through?

• John Wilson

June 18, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Same ink and all I did to pull the ink through was to do a full head clean

• David Rowland

June 19, 2009 at 1:25 am

sounds like u got some kind of overridden printer